Reload this Page >

Supper Clubs in NYC for New Year's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Ashleigh

Hi - My husband and I, along with a few other couples are looking for supper clubs in NYC to celebrate New Year's.....any suggestions?
We're looking for dinner/cocktails, some dancing and entertainment.

Thanks!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:47 PM
xxx

I sincerely hope you're talking about for 2003/2004. Anything that's half decent has long been booked for this New Years Eve.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Donna

Your best bet is to go to Opentable.com and see which restaurants have openings for New Year's Eve (while not all restaurants are available through Open Table, there are plenty). You may want to call a few and check on New Year's details. Some may have dancing and/or entertainment, you'll have to find out. Most will likely have "set" or "limited" menus, probably three courses, prix fixe, and you'll want to check prices. The prices you see at Open Table will not likely apply New Year's Eve. You could also call around the hotels. Some offer a New Year's Eve party in their ballroom, often with a "big band" or other music for dancing. As the person above stated, the "supper clubs" are surely booked solid. If the hotel where you're staying has a concierge, phone NOW and ask for recommendations.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Ashleigh

Thanks for the info Donna - I'll have to check that out.

xx - yes, I am talking about this year - but thanks for all the helpful advice!! LOL

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Howard

Ignore xxx. You'll have plenty of options still.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 01:56 PM
xxx

Ashleigh, be prepared to spend upwards of $150 pp without alcohol.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 06:46 PM
sandra

fEINSTEINS AT THE rEWGENCY IS LOVELY oops sorry about the caps..although I love it enough to yell it out loud. The carlyse, see if Bobby Short is playing, the Rainbow Room, all the standards I am sure their is room and yes you are going to pay twice the regular rate but who cares. It's New Years It's NYC and if your not wortht he money who is?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Ashleigh

Yes, we're expecting to pay $$$ for whatever we do in the city on New Year's - but it's worth it!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!