Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve in NYC

Search

New Year's Eve in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
adeleh

New Year's Eve in NYC

I am looking for some suggestions for spending two nights - one being New Year's Eve-in NYC. Something exciting for us and our two teenage daughters ages 19 and 16.
Are there any packages that includes hotel, dinner, and dancing? Thank You.

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't guide you to any specific hotels that might be offering packages, but I can tell that the type you are looking for (i.e., those with dinner and dancing for New Year's Eve) will probably be very, very expensive.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:49 PM

I agree with Howard. You will get sticker shock and I will add, my experience with NYE Hotel dining has been awful. (bad food, bad service even in places that are ordinarily great) You might check out the Rainbow Room which has one of the prettiest, most "New Yorky" settings with a dance floor. Go to the Cipriani.com (who now run the Rainbow Room) website to see if they're doing something for NYE. You can also try a web search for New Year's Eve hotel package in nyc.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM

I have posted this a couple of times last year, but COME TO OUR CONCERT.

There is a wonderful concert at St. John the Divine, (Amsterdam at 110th ST.). It starts at 7pm and we are out by 9 so you have time for dinner and evening fun.

The concert is the Annual Concert for Peace, with a 200 member chorus (i'm the redhead on the end in the soprano section), and full orchestra. The program is hosted by Harry Smith (of CBS early morning show) and we usually have wonderful guest starts from Broadway and the last 3 years Judy Collins has sung, and she was amazing.

The cathedral is full, but there is seating for at least several hundred people.

The end of the concert is so memorable as everyone in the entire audience has a candle and we all sing together, Let There Be Peace on Earth.

The music is wonderful and the message is never ending. I should also mention it is a FREE concert. Best deal on New Year's Eve!!

Come, oh and come say HI after the program.

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:16 PM

ttt
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 04:45 AM

What fun wantsomesun! Nice to hear you're a chanteuse. Haven't seen your post on this before. I was answering someone else on what to do on Xmas day. Saw a concert at St John on Xmas Eve. Do you sing in that as well? Is there one on Xmas Day?
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:39 AM

Didn't know about the one on Christmas Eve, but St. John's has such wonderful musicians associated with the church. It's more a community than any other church I know in town.

I am organizing an event for next 9/11 and I hope to do it at St. John's for hundreds and hundreds of singers, to do the Brahms Requium with a full orchestra. Hope you will come to that one. It will of course be a memorial concert for those who died on 9/11. I know there is a hole in my heart and I wanted to do something and music is the best way to heal that I know.

But PLEASE come to the New Year's Eve Concert. It is a wonderful evening.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:12 PM
GoTravel

I love the St. John the Divine suggestion! Dinner and dancing at the Rainbow Room or some location similar (hotel) could easily run you over $250 per person.

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:40 PM

Usually after the concert we go over to the East side for dinner and music at a cute little restaurant called Quartro Gati. (4 cats). Very good Italian food and fun atmosphere, especially NYE.

It's also not all that expensive and the service is great as well. It's located just east of 3rd Ave at 80th St.

So come with us, we always have a ball, and hey you might get some more music, lol.