Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for B&B/Inn in Sauscelitos for $200-$225/night in Aug.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE want to stay in a nice place with large nicely decorated rooms (maybe 10-15 rooms) that is a 1/2-1 miles away from the all the stores/galleries. A $225 rate for one of the better rooms with A/C that allows 2 adults and a 10 month old for a trip in mid-August
An Inn would be fine.We would go to SF for a day, Muir Woods,etc but use Sauselitos as our base. A B&B breakfast would be nice.
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM

Try doing a search of this Forum using the correct spelling of that community: Sausalito. You should get a lot of information. Good luck!
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:25 PM

Check out Casa Madrona. It's in a great location and children under 12 stay free. http://casamadrona.com/htl.overview.html

Places for breakfast are close by as is a Starbucks.
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:11 PM

Try Poggios for lunch or dinner. very nice place
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for B&B recommendation. Took a package with 4 course dinner at Poggio's for $300 a couple/nt. and no charge for my grandson.
rjw lgb ca; I did not think this forum was a spelling test.
Let's use the forum in the spirit for which is was intended.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:27 AM

Stankase:
You're right, this forum is not for testing spelling abilities. However, rjw_lgb_ca was merely being helpful by helping you obtain more information with the use of the city's correct spelling.

I live in Marin County and with that response of yours, I am more furious with the way you managed to mis-spell the city of Sausalito in more than one way in the same posting. You sure know how to express your level your interest in one of our fine city. I'm not sure if I should welcome you, or just tell you to stay away.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:45 AM

billy is right, Stan. I was merely pointing out that you may have tried to search the Forum with a bad spelling of the town of Sausalito and naturally not gotten back any hits. If you search with the right spelling, there are lots of hits with info on B&Bs, activities and such. But you chose to take it as a slam-- and I don't know why.

The spirit of the Forum is, after all, a virtual repository of travel information-- and as such, it's smart to use it in the most effective way possible. Unlike Google, the Search engine on this site doesn't use fuzzy logic to suggest proper spellings when a search item is mispelled. I merely tried to help you with the correct spelling. Your gracious reply tells me I misplaced my efforts.

On the current topic: Casa Madrona is a great choice, as is Poggio's. I hope you have a nice time.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
E

Stan, if you can't spell your destination, you can't search for info on the web. rjw was trying to help you--tsk tsk, Stan, shame on you!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:43 PM

If I misspelled a name and consequently was having a problem researching I would appreciate the fact that someone took the time to give me the correct spelling. I would say "thank you".
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:09 PM

As an editor, I have found that people can get very touchy when they are corrected in such areas as spelling. I believe it is because they are unaware of the impact missspellings can have on their ability to communicate clearly. Unfortunately, even the most helpfully phrased corrections are misinterpreted as mean-spirited criticisms by those who feel defensive about either their ignorance (which in the case of the spelling Sausalito is certainly understandable) or their unwillingness to take the time to check something about which they are unsure (although it has been asked, if you don't know how to spell something, how do you look it up?). I have always found that the spirit for which this forum was intended has included the offering of constructive criticisms that would be of use to the person asking the question, such as how to spell a destination, how best to refine a query to elicit the best responses, and I appreciate those such as rjw_lgb_ca who do this with such courtesy and grace.