Search

Stroudsburg?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stroudsburg?

Hi,
I'm planning a trip up that way in July and would love to hear comments and/or suggestions as to what might be fun to do in the area on a day trip. I'm also very interested in the general area itself and would love to hear what it's like to grow up there and/or just live there.
Thanks!
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Stroudsburg, PA, darling? What are you thinking? Well, you can easily take the Martz Bus from Stroudsburg to New York City. Or you can wallow at the Slip-n-Slide Water Park at Camelback Mt. Ski Resort. There is also Gouldsboro State Park between Scranton and Stroudsburg. You and your snappers could spend the day swimming and baking in the hot Pocono sun.

If you like to bargain shop, Tannersville Outlets are very close to Stroudsburg, right off of Interstate 80.

Satan in Dior
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

So Satan in Dior- do you think it's a fun place to go or live? What do you think about the poconos?
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Live there? Are you daft? Stroudsburg used to be a nice place to live, but now it is just a suburb of the Bronx. So many commuters have moved there from NYC because housing is more affordable. There are so many problems in the Poconos because of the influx of "undesirables." There are gangs in the schools and drugs being sold in once-peaceful neighbourhoods.

My family has a cottage near Stroudsburg (Thornhurst). We only go there for a week in the summer, or a week around Christmas to ski at Elk. I would NEVER live there. EVER!

Satan in Dior
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice- much appreciated.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM

It is getting a bit ghetto there. You can certainly have a nice vacation in the Poconos, though. Was there some special reason you wanted to stay in Stroudsburg? You might have a better time if you stay more in the Poconos area. Maybe something around Jim Thorpe or the Beltzville area? Split Rock Resort is also there but I wouldn’t recommend staying there. There is also a beautiful, tiny place called Canadensis that isn’t far from Stroudsburg. I have a vacation place in the area so I can answer some questions for you.

I wouldn’t go to Camelback at all. There is a new place called Big Wolf Lodge that is supposed to be good if you like water parks.