Search

St. Louis Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Louis Questions

Hi!
My sister-in-law and I are taking 5 kids, ages 3 - 13, to St. Louis next week during a weekday. I got rooms off priceline for the Sheraton Clayton Plaza. If you've stayed there, let me know how it was. We are especially interested in the pool.

I was reading about the rootbeer place, Fritz's, nearby. Is that worth taking the kids too? Are there any places like Chuck E. Cheese, other than Chuck E. Cheese, in St. Louis that are not horribly expensive? We are thinking of going to Hard Rock, but not sure how expensive that is either.

Obviously, we'll go to the zoo and science center. I'm possibly looking at going to Union Station or St. Louis Mills. Any suggestions for inexpensive entertainment would be great! Thanks!
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 04:17 AM
cd

Will you have a car? If so, Grants Farm would be a must! It's free, over a 1000 animals and just a wonderful place to spend some time. http://www.grantsfarm.com/
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 04:55 AM

I have topped another thread for you, the question was about being in St. Louis with three young kids. You might find it useful.

I have to dash out, but hope to find time to come back and answer more later....
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Also, I meant to ask if you have to pay the $9 to park at Sheraton Clayton Plaza or if there is off-street parking.

Also, I will have a car, and I wanted to go to Grant's Farm, but it doesn't open until April.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:30 AM

I highly suggest Fitz's (if that is what you meant). If it is the one in U. City (I assume it is), they bottle the soda at the restaurant, and if they have it going, you can watch from the restaurant area.

I would also like to suggest the City Museum. Your kids are the perfect age for it, and you would probably have a good time too. I don't know how interested the kids would be in Union Station. The Fudgery is cool, but that is about it. They have paddle boats outside, but I don't know if they are open yet.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM

I just happened to see your post. I am going to St. Louis this afternoon and am also staying at the Sheraton. I'll try to post my report on the place Sunday. Check this post then. Anyway, when my kids were small we always went to St. Louis for the week ends. You do need a car. The 13 y/o will love the Loop and Union Station is fun. Don't forget about the Arch and lastly, if no ones mentioned it, there used to be a place called the Magic House that was wonderful. Now that there is the Musuem at Forest Park it may be gone, but It was fun. Look it up when you get there.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:44 AM
yk

On the streets around the Sheraton, there are meters - but since you're going on a weekday, you'll have to feed the meters. Your best bet would be paying for the hotel parking.

Your SIL can consider taking the kids to the Missouri Botanical Garden. It's $8 for adults, free for children 12 or younger.
http://www.mobot.org
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 07:31 AM

The City Museum is great for kids and adults. There is no way to describe it, but you will like it. If the weather is good, just spending a day in Forest Park is good.

Rich