South Seas Resort

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:29 PM
jkm
Original Poster

South Seas Resort

My family is going to South Seas Resort in Feb, please give your opinions and how two teenagers, 15 and 13, will enjoy it.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:37 PM

Do you, by any chance, mean the South Seas Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida?
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:40 PM

If you mean the South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, I would think your teens would have a great time. Stayed there last year the end of March and there were alot of kids of all ages enjoying all kinds of activities. Great family vacation spot.
Pam
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:40 PM
jkm
Original Poster

No, the South Seas Resort on Captiva.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
GoTravel

If you are speaking of South Beach in Miami, unless your 15 and 13 year old children are very sophisticated, skip South Beach.

Topless bathing is very common in that area. I mean very common and not just one or two women. I'm not speaking strictly models but women of all ages. Thongs outnumber regular bathing suits.

South Beach is not a family friendly destination.

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 06:14 AM

There are usually lots of teens at South Seas. They will enjoy the freedom to take the little bus around the resort independently of you. They can bus into the little resort center for a pizza or ice cream on their own. They will certainly meet lots of kids.

There are lots of children that vacation here every year and so many friendships are made over years. These kids marry and end up vacationing here as well. It is an interesting break for the kids with no chain stores or restaurants....a true break from the ordinary. LMF
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 06:37 AM

Growing up, my family spent every Easter break at South Seas. My 4 brothers and sisters and I loved it. Most of my best memories of youth are from there. I remember being cool and riding round and round on the trolley looking for boys, swimming in every pool we could get into, playing in tennis clinics, enjoying silly games and activities on the lawn, and shelling early in the morning.

We stopped going when I was 14. Last year, my husband and I spent a weekend away from our babies, and I chose to go back to South Seas. It was so much the same, only 'much smaller' than I remembered. But it was also buggy and humid (we went in June).

Your family will have a super time. Post a trip report when you return.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 07:01 AM

I agree with them. South Seas is a fabulous place to go for families. I don't know how crowded it will be in February but during spring break it's packed with families. Your kids will have lots of freedom to roam the plantation by foot, bike or bus. Lots of things going on and fun restaurants. Make sure you get dessert at the Bubble Room. The size of each piece of cake is not to be believed. You should all have a great time. I don't know what your budget is but the nices condos on the plantation is at Lands End. They are about 2300 square feet and overlook the ocean, with private tennis courts, pool and jacuzzi.