south beach hotel

Old Aug 9th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
south beach hotel

Can some one suggest a hotel for my mom and me. I am 32 and she is 65. She will be visiting relatives I am not sure if I will do the clubs but want to socialize and party with singles 32-40 at the hotel that I stay in. my mom suggested the fountain blue.
Any suggestions?
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:28 PM

The Fountainbleu is a beautiful hotel, but its not a party hotel, and I doubt a lot of singles stay there. Check with a travel agent for ideas.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:14 AM

lori...Your titel indicates you want a hotel in South Beach.The Fontainebleau Hilton Resort is quite a bit north of SoBe.You dont say when you will be there are what your budget is....The Ritz Carlton South Beach is scheduled to open in November(note I said "scheduled"!!)..anything could happen.
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/so...h/default.html
There are many many hotels you could enjoy........HTH.....S
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 07:22 AM

I'm going to recommend a hotel that would never be on my shortlist of properties (for its size), but would probably fit your needs to a T:

Loews Miami Beach.

Big beachfront hotel, in South Beach, walking distance to all the area activities. Don't know if the bar scene at the hotel is that hopping, but you can always walk up to the Delano and join the poseurs at the bar there. Shore Club isn't too far either, and I think there's a Sky Bar there. The Ritz-Carlton's opening has been delayed for almost two years, so don't count on that November date.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 07:58 AM
GoTravel

rjw, I recently called the Ritz-Carlton to inquire about the opening. While they would not give an exact date, they definitely will be opening in December and for the season. Almost always, hotels will have soft openings before hand with no notice or media so they can work out the kinks. Hotels will also heavily discount the rooms. I am staying very close to the RC in a couple of weeks and will check the place out and report on my findings.

Old Aug 11th, 2003, 08:20 AM

Go: That's probably a good estimate (December) for the R-C. I was in South Beach a month ago and they had made really good progress on the renovation, but they still had a few months work ahead of them. As I recall, they were supposed to have this done in late 2001!! It should be quite nice when it's done.

The Victor, on Ocean, is scheduled to re-open this winter as well (after 19 years). I'm very much looking forward to seeing this re-do.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 05:44 AM

Being a Hilton Grand Vaction Club owner, my husband and I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club in South Beach. It was in the best location right on the strip. They rent out the studios or one/two bedroom apartments to the public. It was clean and a great location!
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:49 AM

Just back from South Beach. I cannot imagine how the Ritz Carlton or the Victor will open this year. Both are still in a shell state, and look like a year from opening.

I stayed 4 nights at The National and it was great. Location was perfect, nice upscale bar, but not too loud and the pool area was the best of all we saw.