Miami Hotels

Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Miami Hotels

I'm going to be visiting South Beach Miami for 3 nights next weekend. Do you have any suggestions on a nice, clean, relatively cheap (I don't want to spend over $100/night) hotel close to the beach? I've been looking online & after reading some reviews it sounds like a lot of the hotels are not very clean or nice.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:59 AM
GoTravel

The South Seas Resort is an excellent choice. The hotel has been totally redone since 2001 and your hotel price includes a full breakfast.

It is ocean front in the Lincoln Road section of South Beach. A short walk to everything.

Granted, it isn't the Delano (next door) but I've stayed here a bunch and will stay here again.

Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM

Go (hey there, Go! ) has given you one of the best choices in South Beach. At your price point, it may be the ONLY good choice. Otherwise, you may look at "off-beach" properties like maybe the Abbey or Astor (both within a couple of blocks of the beach and everything else in SB). Even in Low Season, $100 a night is a hard rate to find for a good hotel in South Beach. And frankly I wouldn't want to stay outside of SB-- but that's me.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips - I just checked out the South Seas online & it looks good. I've been checking travelocity & hotels.com for cheaper rates. I don't mind staying a few blocks from the beach - any other suggestions?
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
GoTravel

One warning, South Beach has a glutton of over the top luxury hotels and very few mid range hotels. If you read reviews on a hotel and they are bad, believe them!