Which Hotel on Miami Beach?

Jul 29th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Which Hotel on Miami Beach?

Four girls in our mid-20's are heading down to Miami beach in early September, for the weekend, and would appreciate any hotel advice. We would like to be on the beach with nice accommodations and a "reasonable" cab ride to South Beach. Within walking distance of shopping/dining would be great as well. Thanks!
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Personally I (26y/o) would not stay anywehere EXCEPT in SoBe for a w/e visit.You can walk anywhere.Maybe stay up near Licoln Road where the shopping is.Loew's is nice and may have some "deals" for that time.Endless choices.
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:55 AM
GoTravel

South Beach is the only area of Miami Beach that I'd feel comfortable walking around in just because traffic is so bad all over Miami.

If you want to get out of the hustle and bustle of South Beach and still be within walking distance to all the stuff in South Beach, stay at The Shore Club, Ritz Carlton, The National, The Raleigh, The Delano or The Loews.

The Delano and The Raleigh would be my picks for two twenty somethings.

Bal Harbour, several miles up Collins Avenue is anther nice area but you'll need a car.

Jul 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM

Your post sounds like you aren't familiar with the South Beach scene. There are ample places to walk to in SoBe and Lincoln Road so look at a map and choose places that are in the vicinity of those cross roads. Further south on SoBe near Joe's Stone Crab is not really walkable, more of a car commute, IMO. Maybe hotels are cheaper at that end, I don't know.

If the hotels that GoTravel suggested are too pricey, take a look at the Clinton Hotel. I stayed there last December and the rooms were very nice, the location was terrific. If you can get a good rate then you'd be happy there. It is a short block to the beach but in the middle of lots of shopping.

Also, a friend stayed at the Abbey Hotel which she liked a lot. It is a bit north of all the beach hotels but she walked to Lincoln Road and said it was a safe area.
Jul 29th, 2005, 07:50 AM

South Beach also has an air-conditioned electric tram that you can ride for $0.25 up to shopping.
Jul 29th, 2005, 08:44 AM

We stayed at the South Seas in January and really enjoyed the hotel and the location. It's right on the beach and easy walking distance to Lincoln Road and all of South Beach. They have a great free breakfast, and a nice pool area. We paid $125 per night with our Entertainment card.