Songdoc's Rationalization

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always been exceptionally good at rationalizing anything I want--but I think I might have graduated to a new level.

I just booked my flights and a Sealodge condo to spend four weeks in Kauai (leaving January 8th). This is completely separate from the four weeks that I'll be spending there in October.

January in Kauai sounds great, right? Um, er ... except for one little detail. Three days after returning to Nashville I'll be teaching a huge event ... and the following day I'll leave to work in Ireland! AGGHH.

So, here's my rationalization ...

I want to live in Kauai. If I already lived there and I chose to take a job in Ireland then I'd still be flying from Kauai to Ireland. (Here comes the REALLY good part of the rationalization ...)

So instead, I'm breaking up the trip be stopping mid-way -- and getting my bearings in Nashville! Then continuing on the second leg of the journey -- to Ireland!

Has my Kauai addiction gotten completely out of control? Am I crazy??? Should I open "Rationalizations-R-Us?"

PS. I still haven't unpacked from the Canadian Rockies. They were MAGNIFICENT. If you want to see my photos (taken with my new camera) check out:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...;
(click on "view album" then "view slideshow")
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM

Well, it's the only thing I've ever seen you post about.
I knew your post would have to be Kauai related, even though you didn't select a State concerning your post.

Usually, after one gets what one thinks he/she might want, then it looses its appeal.

I am shocked that you included the Canadian Rockies. Picture #6 is freaky. Looks like you saw several bears. I imagine that lake was anything like swimming in Hawaii either. Nice rainbow too.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:13 PM

wasn't*
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM

How can one be over rationalizing (some might say - borderline skizo) when they long for the beauty of the Bali Hai/North Shore of Kauai. Actually - I think that is a positive sign of advanced consciousness with no need for further rationalization.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM

I knew exactly what this was going to be about - just couldn't figure out the details til I read the post! It's as good as your trip reports!
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM

I'm on Kauai right now and I'd say to bypass it. Ireland has better beer.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:03 AM

And why do you have to rationalize this decision????

Sounds perfectly rational to me.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:16 AM

weke: Try some tropicl drinks such as Chi Chi's or Mai Tai's and then you won't care about the taste of the beer.

And does Ireland have better looking Wahines? Do love the red haird lasses in Ireland - but they don't have very good tans.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:56 AM

We have often thought about opening a business called Dial a Rationalization, perhaps now needs updating to Click a...
If we do so can we hire you, songdoc as you clearly have a knack for this sort of thing!