Search

KAUAI COUNTDOWN!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 11:53 AM
iceeu2

KAUAI COUNTDOWN!!!

WHY AM I SCREAMING, YOU ASK?
I FINALLY DID IT...BOOKED KAUAI FOR 2005!

Felt guilty for a nanosecond for booking this because we have just been on a great vacation to Northern Michigan, and still have weeks planned in North Myrtle, Big Sky, Montana and Big Cedar in Missouri.

Oh well, after that brief second, here's what I have to say! 338 to go.

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:26 PM
dcespedes

Good for you iceeu2! =D> I've been to Oahu, Maui and Kauai and of the three Kauai is my favorite. It'always exciting to have a great trip to look forward to! GOOD REASON TO SCREAM I SHOULD SAY!

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:36 PM
bonniebroad

TO KEEP YOU IN THE MOOD:

NOW THIS IS ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A TRIP PLANNED TO KAUAI:

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you iceeu2! I'm in the middle of planning my trip for 2005 too when the unexpected and spontaneous happened...we got an invite to come over to a friend's place in Poipu this July for 10 days! So, wham! In less than three weeks we'll be there! It will give us a chance to scope out some of the places we are thinking of staying next year. Where are you staying and for how long? Any advance work I can do for you while there?
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
gyppielou

WOOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!! Hanalie here you come!!! Bali Hai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 05:32 PM

Iceeu2,
Congrat. on booking for 2005. How did you do that? Most airline & hotel don't have availability past 330 days out.

Where are you staying? We may go again next year.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
iceeu2

Oops....got 7 days too many in there...May 14th, 2005, at Pono Kai in Kapaa. Haven't booked airfare yet. DH is a million miler so we have always been fortunate to use his freebies and upgrades. For the other days, we will probably use Marriott points or priceline a few days or who knows maybe vrbo?
iamq....just check out as much as possible and have a wonderful time. If you get a chance....have a meal at LaPlayita Azul and if it is still grand!

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Much of the fun is the anticipation and I di believe you now have plenty to look forward to. I recommend haveing lunch or a drink at the outdoor terrace restaurant at the Princeville resorrt. The views will last you a litetime. Good for you!
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:05 PM
gyppielou

Not to mention hanging at The Livingroom for some great authentic hawaiin hula with some of the islands best sushi, california roll, and burger!!

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:13 PM

Kauai will always be my all time favorite place in the world. I hope you have a great time.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:49 PM

We just got back from Kauai and freakin' LOVED it. Should have trip report complete this weekend.

I really think I have a problem; once we get back from our tropical trips I literally get antsy over not having anything to plan and not having a wonderful island to look forward to. Decided Tahiti was too expensive at this point and just bought a Cook Islands book! I honestly feel a little better, which is sick!

tropically itching,
roxy
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:50 PM

And yes, the Living Room was awesome, great sushi and great views! And great to be able to walk from Pali Ke Kua condo!

love
roxy
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 09:25 PM

If i may add to the "shouting"--I'LLBE THERE A WEEK FROM NOW, in a hammock under the stars. Third trip to Kauai, sixth to Hawaii. Hard to wait a week. (Oh, does that ever sound spoiled--but I know y'all understand.) Meanwhile, getting a fix by re-reading excellent (the BEST for families, IMHO) guidebook about paradise, Lenore Horowitz's "Kauai Underground Guide".
Aloha!!!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:38 AM
iceeu2

Calinurse..........Have a wonderful time!

Old Jun 19th, 2004, 03:49 PM
iceeu2

ok guys, how many more for everyone???

Old Jun 19th, 2004, 04:08 PM

SIXTEEN MORE DAYS!
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM

iceeu2

We are planning a trip to Pona Kai in July 2005, how odd. Have been to North Myrtle Beach and Gatlinburg and was thinking about hitting N Myrtle at Shore Crest once more this year. But..10 days til we leave for our first trip to Ireland! I am seriously jazzed about it.
I love Kaui, the Na Pali coast line, helicopter tours, dinner cruises, its green and lush, oooh, let me get to Ireland so I can start to plan again! You'll have a blast!
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 05:14 PM
iceeu2

jb, have a marvelous time in Ireland..like I have to tell you to do that! Funny thing, we are going to Gatlinburg (staying in Sevierville) next weekend to meet some friends for the weekend.

Old Jun 21st, 2004, 06:26 PM

iceeu2
How strange, indeed. My husband and I like to sample lots of different restaurants and in Gatlinburg for breakfast please try the Pancake Pantry. Its on the main drag across from Baskins Hills, of course parking is horrendous unless you get there early. It is sooo yum. By the way, if there is a line out the door, it only take minutes to clear up, don't be discouraged by it. In Pigeon Forge Applewood's Farmhouse is good, too. Great old southern food and hot apple fritters with every meal.
I have spent a couple of weeks in Gatlinburg in the last 8 or 9 months, recovering from breast cancer and just trying to get away from it all, you know! I'm getting better now and I am like a fiend with the travel plans. Hey, none of us know how long we have, I'm not taking any chances!
Go, go, go while you can people and enjoy life to the fullest.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:49 AM
iceeu2

jb....glad to hear you are recovering. And like you said, none of do know how long we have, so let's live every day we have.
As for the Gatlinburg area, we enjoy going up there so very much. We normally stay at Laurel Crest in Pigeon Forge or Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg. This trip, we couldn't get into either place, so we are staying at Hidden Mountain....right behind the Apple Barn!
We had already decided that we will do the Apple Barn for Saturday night!! Sunday lunch we always try to do the Log Cabin Pancake House right at the end of the parkway in Pigeon Forge. They have a very small buffet with fried chicken almost as good as mother made. Plus, they always have country ham and another meat...sometimes chicken and dressing or roast pork. Plus, on Sunday's they also have deviled eggs, if you get there in time..AND.....banana pudding!! It is very small buffet, but yummy yummy!
We will probably do a bit of fly fishing if we have time this weekend, but if not...will just love being in the mountains....!
So many people think Gatlinburg is tacky, but I get into tacky on occasion plus you can always escape!
Good luck to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -