Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Site 59.com...anyone use this site for travel??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am about to book a ticket for my husband to fly up and see us from Baton Rouge, LA to Michigan on site 59.com and I am getting great fares (comparably to other sites) should I be scared to book travel on this site??? Thanks alot!!
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM

mcmckissic,

Site59 is owned by Travelocity and if you do a search on your trip details you will see the details on both websites are the same.

If you are happy to use Travelocity you should be happy to use Site59 but then again why not just use Travelocity
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM

Sorry have just re-read that, perhaps the details won't be the same in your case but have been when I have researched Site59 - I hope I didn't come across as patronising!
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM

You'll be fine. Also look at luxurylink.com for last minute deals. Look at the website of the air carrier as well when you book something. Check packages, too.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
TheWeasel

mcmc-It's kind of funny, I just posted to your other thread and recommended you check site59 for your husband. There are 2 things to watch: 1) they only offer package deals, no airfare-only tickets, and 2) the package prices are based on splitting the hotel or rental car cost between 2 people, so when you go to book, you'll need to change the number of people to 1, and the price will go up to reflect this.

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone...I will change the traveler to one person...a much less price than the $606.00 round trip flights I was finding on airfare sites though...and with a room...how do they do that, I am very happy!! Hope it is still there tomorrow a.m. when I go to book it for him!!
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:47 PM

I have used site59 for myself, my daughter and other family members and only have raves about it!
The price does not always increase for one traveler... only once in a while.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

I am so happy that I posted this on Fodors, I forgot all about site 59 and have found now pretty much exactly what I need for a great price and a car also, so I can stay home and don't even have to load up the kids for a two hour round trip drive to the airport!! Thanks so much all of you Fodorites!! I just hope that the price is still there tomorrow a.m. after he clears it with his foreman!!