web site question

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
web site question

Hi

Does anyone have a good website to recommend where you can put in the dates you want to travel and it will give you options for trips in the Carribean?

I don't want to put in a destination, then find out my dates aren't available. I want to give the dates (which are fixed for me) and find out the islands with the best deals.

Thanks!
Scoutfish
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM

What do you mean by dates being available? Are you talking about hotels and resorts? Airline flights to specific locations??? Frequent Flyer Award tickets????

Just about every major hotel has their own web-site where you can check availability. The same holds true for the major airlines. I don't believe there's a single website that tracks both airline and hotel availability.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM

I's suggest talking to a travel agent, they will have more info on lots of islands and have access to package deals.

Expedia.com and www.where2stay.com are also good as is www.libertytravel.com

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

I was not clear - sorry!

I know the dates I want to travel. I want to go to the Carribean, but am flexible on location. I am looking for some sort of package deal like you would get via a site like Expedia, but I don't want to hunt and peck through the destinations to see if my dates are available.

So - instead of the search engine asking for: departure location, dates, destination, I would like to enter: departure location and dates only and get a few beach options as a result.

Maybe that makes more sense?

Thanks
Jennifer
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:05 AM

hi Jennifer, yes I know what you're talking about. resortvacationstogo.com has kind of what you're looking for, maybe. If you go to the 90 day ticker on the left upper side, it lists all locations with prices - and what dates those prices apply to. So you might be able to find something that matches your dates. Of course if your date range is past the 90 days, you would have to wait until it updated to your timeframe.

I think the site requires a free registration to see prices, but its a really good site (for cruises too ).
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

You got it.

The 90 day ticker is great. It is exactly what I am looking for.

Have you used this site before?

Thanks!!!
Jennifer