Signature Lounge Hancock Building Chicago

Jul 16th, 2003, 05:42 PM
cd
Original Poster

Signature Lounge Hancock Building Chicago

We will be in Chicago this weekend taking our children and grandchildren to see Lion King. Would like to take them to the Signature Lounge for a great view. I have never been there. Can I take children? The four adults could have a drink and they could have coke. Where do we go to take the elevator? Is it on the 96th floor? Thanks!
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:03 PM

Although I have never seen chidren in the Signature Lounge, I highly recommend you go to the Hancock...the view is indescribable..go at sunset or night....it's amazing.

If you still want the children to go, I recommend either the restaurant one level down from the lounge (a bit pricy though with mixed reviews on food) OR go to the observatory level....it's about $9....and has floor to ceiling windows on three sides and an open air section on one side.

Yes, the lounge is on the 96th floor...you may want to call and ask their policy on children.

If you choose to go to the observatory (there are interactive things for kids) you enter the building through a below ground level restaurant plaza, go through security, buy your ticket, and wait for your group to go up. Then you can stay as long as you like.

It does get busy sometimes, so I think you can buy your tickets for the observatory on the Hancock site and print them at home.

Let us know how it goes..have fun...and get deep dish pizza at Giordano's. Also, take the kids to one of the Cosi restaurants to make their own smores....
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:36 PM
cd
Original Poster

Thanks Elizabeth27!
Jul 17th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Bo

You can also go to the restaurant for lunch, which is MUCH more casual than dinner (i seem to recall kids there too). Sure the food is slightly over-priced, but when you compare it buying a ticket to the observatory + eating lunch someplace else, it's probably about even. We ate lunch there a few years ago and the food was decent enough, service was excellent, and it was VERY relaxing.
Jul 17th, 2003, 08:29 AM

If you do happen to go to the lounge, the women/girls should be sure to visit the lounge's ladies room which has a full glass wall (ceiling to floor) overlooking the lake/city with great views.
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:47 PM

They actually have a lunch buffet that is like $10-15. Food is good and view is spectacular. I would recommend making a reservation for an early lunch so you can be assured a window seat.
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Message: If you do happen to go to the lounge, the women/girls should be sure to visit the lounge's ladies room which has a full glass wall (ceiling to floor) overlooking the lake/city with great views.

And the guys get no view at all.
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:34 PM
cd
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
I checked into doing the lunch but it's only Mon thru Fri.
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:27 PM

The view from the lounge at the Hancock Building is breathtaking. You don't want to miss it.
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:30 AM

HI Cd,
I am pretty sure you can bring the children into the lounge...I know on one saturday night a group of prom kids were allowed in.(obviously no alchol served to them)

As for Lion King..GREAT CHOICE....I have heard WONDERFUL reviews..BUT YOU HAVE TO GO EARLY..before the show starts, the cast puts on a wonderful production of the song "Circle of Life"

have fun!!

Search this Thread