Reload this Page >

Restaurants/ with kids in Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:55 AM
janice

Going to chicago in July with husband and kids age 8 & 12. Any good restaurants (other then the usual chains) that can be recommended for kids. Thanks

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:30 AM
rachel

Ed Debevics is great-old diner style, with snappy waiters and waitresses, who also sing and dance on the countertops. when we were there, tuesdays were rll back night-they rolled the prices back to the 60s or 70s-it was a good deal. dont forget to order the worlds smallest sundae. Its a couple of blocks off of the mag. mile The Pizza places are great for kids too

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:45 AM
alex

I was also going to suggest Ed Debevic's. Lots of fun, huge menu and reasonable prices. Other suggestions: American Girl Cafe, Gino's East, Duck Cruises (off of Navy Pier - they offer lunch and dinner cruises with games and prizes for kids and beautiful scenery), Foodlife food court at Water Tower Place shopping center (Cornell University recently built a new dining hall modeled on foodlife). Of course, there are lots of chains too like Dave & Buster's and Buca di Beppo (family style Italian).

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:20 AM
linda

A second for Foodlife. There's something for everybody! My kids would have eaten there everyday.

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:59 AM
janice

Thanks for all your suggestions. Ed Debevics seems to be a popular choice.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:03 PM
arjay

where is the Buca de Beppo in Chicago?

And don't forget the Ghiradelli Ice Cream parlor, on Pearson, just off MIchigan, for a great treat for the kids..or the i.c. parlor in Marshall Field's Loop store.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:10 PM
alex

2941 N. Clark.