Search

SEdona Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEdona Help

My husband would like to find a hotel in town so that we dont have to drive and park for dinner or shopping Any ideas would help
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Best Western Arroya Robles
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:15 PM

I agree. Many choices for shopping and eating. Also, Pink Jeep tour offices are just down the street.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunely rooms arent avaaiabe any other suggestion
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 04:17 AM

I would advise against staying in the 'downtown' proper area of Sedona. While there may be some convenience, most of the better restaurants are not there anyway, & you will be inundated w/people & traffic your entire stay. Not really what I go to Sedona for, personnally.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 05:22 AM
emd

Los Abrigados Resort is inside of the very nice Tlaquepaque shopping and dining complex. But Los Abrigados gets mixed reviews on tripadvisor. I've never stayed there, but you would have the option of wlaking to a lot of shopping and dining right in the complex.

Kings Ransom Inn is supposedly in walking distance to the Hillside shops and restaurants, which is not that far down from Tlaquepaque also. There is also a Comfort Inn in that area in which advertises that it is in walking distance to those places also. Again, check the tripadvisor reviews. Comfort Inn gets good reviews, and I think Kings Ransom gets spotty ones.

These places are not right in uptown Sedona. Tlaquepaque and Hillside get tourists who are shopping and dining, but not the hoards on so many tourist buses like you get in the Uptown area.

You can check out all of these places easily on the web. Both Tlaquepaque and Hillside have web pages.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help I think I will take your advice and stay out of the downtown area. By the way if we do drive in to town how is the parking ? Can anyone recommend a place i dont want to spend more the 200 a night THanks
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 06:05 AM

There's a new resort (Hilton I think) on a hill overlooking downtown, but not in the midst of the traffic. That may be an option. It's a longer walk - and would up and down a hill.

I'm wondering how "dead" the area around T would be after the shops close. I'd rather stay somewhere with a view of the rocks. (I call the place "Take-your-pocketbook" - 'cause I can't pronounce the real name and because it always does (gets in my pocketbook! )

I'd check tripadvisor reviews and comments here to pick a place. The restaurants I tend to go to aren't downtown - so I'd rather stay out and drive to where I want to eat.