Search

Savannah with a dog

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Savannah with a dog

We will have our small dog with us when we visit next March. Is having to drive in and park to experience the historic district a big disdavantage?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 08:01 PM

... sound enquiry. I suppose.
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 08:06 PM

You have options in and out of the historic district. There are several hotels on Abercorn (drive in to the Historic district) that allow dogs, including a LaQuinta Inn. Are you planning to leave the dog in the room while you sight-see?

One option in the Historic District is the East Bay Inn. They allow pets in a few rooms. Great location in the historic district, but my dog who does great in newer hotel rooms was not happy left alone at the East Bay Inn. The innkeeper guessed it may have been the noises - creaking of old wood floors, etc. In less than an hour I recieved a call on my cell phone. The innkeeper was very nice - actually taking my Pup for a walk in the park across the street. I opted to "day board" the Pup at a vet office during the day for the rest of that stay.

There are also B&B options that allow pets.
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM

I love the walks through the squares with my Pup. As usual, people are friendlier and more likely to start conversations. Be sure to walk to Forsyth Park as one of your outings.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 06:34 PM

When we were there in the spring, a couple travelling with their Welsh Springer and a German Shepherd (in a van of course!) were stopped at one of the parks downtown. They all looked to be happy campers.....literally.

Along the riverfront, there are a few outdoor cafes that seem to attract people with dogs. One restaurant we really liked with patio tables overlooking the river, was Olympia...a fabulous Greek restaurant.