Savannah in September

Search

Savannah in September

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Savannah in September

We are planning on staying at the River St. Inn for our honeymoon in Sept. Can anyone give me feedback on this inn? We have a balcony room facing the river, and picked the inn because it is a historic hotel.

Also, what is the weather like in September?

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 08:16 AM
GoTravel

The weather should be beautiful. If I'm not mistaken, I think the River Street Inn is next door to the Hyatt which is a great location.

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 10:46 AM

Are you getting married in early or late Sept? Early Sept is still really hot but it starts cooling down later in the month. Also Sept is the prime month for hurricanes. My in-laws in the Savannah and we visit often. River St Inn is a nice hotel and it's in a very good location.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Vette4Paris

Places for dinner - Elizabeth's on 37th, Sapphire Grill and Bistro Savannah (the latter two on Congress Street, only a short walk from your hotel). Reservations are advised.

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 12:02 PM
dln

River St. Inn is right in the thick of things, so if you were looking for somewhere hopping (restaurants, cafes, tourist shops, live music) you did well in your choice.

If you are looking for quiet romance, this ain't the place.

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 05:44 PM

We just came back from our honeymoon in Savannah. We stayed at the Ballastone which was wonderful.
I know most people these days are going out of the country or to the islands for honeymoons. We thought this would be more romantic and more of what we were looking for. We were right. Enjoy your honeymoon. You will love it down there!!!!!