Search

Santa Fe Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa Fe Hotels

Reposting to tag as New Mexico (apologies for double post)

My wife and I are heading to Santa Fe for a long weekend in November. We'll be there for a wedding, but it's also a bit of a last-minute getaway for us and we're looking to stay somewhere nice, located in town so we can walk to restaurants and the plaza. But we'd also love a place where we can stay on the property, relax and still feel somewhat transported. Are there any hotels in town that have an on-site spa? We'd be interested in that kind of thing. I've done some looking around, but I can't get a feel for what's out there. I've been to Santa Fe only once, but it was for work and I don't know much about the town.

We're not totally sure we'd prefer a hotel over an upscale B&B, but if there's a hotel with a nice spa, that would certainly factor in.

I'm guessing November is offseason, can we anticipate lower rates, maybe some special deals?

Any thoughts on activities in the area in mid-November?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM

We really love the Inn of the Anasazi. It's a charming little place with great service. The location is right on the Plaza so easy to walk to everything.
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Hotel Santa Fe has a spa and the Hacienda rooms there are gorgeous--http://www.hotelsantafe.com/
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 11:36 AM

Do you have a budget?

If not, there's a Rosewood property in SF.
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I think the Anasazi is the Rosewood property, no? Budget probably not much more than ~$250/night, though we'd consider stretching for something really worth it.
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Hotel Santa Fe is very nice; it has a very authentic SW feel to it. It has shuttle service to the Plaza [or you can walk]. They have a Native American Flute Player in the Lounge {Ronald Roybal, go lissten to him - even if you end up somewhere else}.

These are also really nice, not sure about rates. There should be some specials - I would call directly since you can often get better rates during this off season time when you ask for a deal.

http://www.eldoradohotel.com/

http://www.innatloretto.com/
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM

Copied from your other thread....

I've not stayed there, but La Posada might fit the bill: http://laposada.rockresorts.com/. Nice location close to Canyon Road galleries, and a 5-minute walk to the Plaza. Rates are typically lowest in Santa Fe between November and February, except for the holidays.
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Yep, Inn of the Anasazi is the Rosewood property. I know they offer massages and aromatherapy, but I think it's in-room service rather than a spa. Their service really was amazing. The valet knew us by name on the second day, and they would leave little poems and cookies for us in the evening. They left us a hand-written note as a welcome. Nice place. I liked that the rooms had fireplaces, and the bed was really comfortable.
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the suggestions. I've checked out a few places. I know it's pretty high-end, but anyone have thoughts on Inn of the Five Graces? A little over our budget, but the Tripadvisor reviews are outstanding and the November rates aren't totally prohibitive. Looked pretty comparable in terms of cost to Anasazi. Anyone have strong feelings about one place over the other?

Also looking at the Hotel Santa Fe/Hacienda. Anyone have any experience with the spa there?
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM

A fodorite stayed at Hotel Santa Fe - Hacienda this summer and I got to see her room which was very nice. She loved the concierge service, I don't know about the spa. I have only been to Tamaya and Ten Thousand Waves.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM

Old Santa Fe Inn is where we stayed this past weekend -- nice rooms, good breakfast, 1/4 mile to the Plaza.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM

How was the trip, Russ? Don't want to hijack this thread...but, You gonna do a trip report ?
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 08:16 AM

I really like Hotel Santa Fe. We've stayed in a suite there a couple of times. La Posada is great, we had a casita with a fireplace. We had a masseuse come to us. But I would skip that and go to Ten Thousand Waves. Soak in a wooden tub under the blue NM sky, get a massage and a salt glow:

http://www.tenthousandwaves.com/
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM

We stayed at El Dorado and the room we had was nothing special. We had several problems with it (plug in bathroom didn't work, toilet was messed up, hair dryer didn't work.) There are so many nice places to stay in SF, I would stay somewhere else unless you get a fantastic rate.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 07:21 PM

I would agree with fyb about el dorado. I went to a conference there years ago and it is too big and generic for my liking. I liked Inn of the anasazi. I think my best friend stayed at La Posada for her 50th birthday and loved it.... she described it as resort-like. I would not consider the Old santa fe inn as a special experience.... I saw it and it looked motel-ish too me.
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM

Inn and Spa at Loretto. The best location, best atmosphere, best spa, best rooms, excellent dining..... best everything. Convenient to both the Plaza (you're pretty much in what I consider the Plaza) and Canyon Road. My husband and I have stayed in lots of places in Santa Fe, but the Loretto is my absolute favourite.