Lodging between ABQ and Santa Fe, NM

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be visiting New Mexico in July. We arrive in Albuquerque mid-afternoon and plan to be in Santa Fe the next day. Rather than driving up to Santa Fe the evening we fly in, we are thinking about driving part way up so we can take our time and do some stops along the way. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place under $150/night to stay along the way?
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM

Since Santa Fe is about 1 hour from Albuquerque, I would just drive to Santa Fe after you arrive. You would be there in time for a nice dinner. If you really don't want to do that, you can take the Turquoise Trail. Check the website for lodging along the way http://www.turquoisetrail.org/
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM

I agree. The drive up to Santa Fe from the ABQ airport is not difficult and is a straight shot northward.

If you don't want to drive around downtown Santa Fe after a long flight, then spend the first night in south Santa Fe. There are a whole bunch of hotels and motels along Cerrillos Street: Fairfield, Courtyard, etc. that are fine for just a one-night stay. Later you can transfer to a more "romantic" "atmospheric" hotel.

Mid-afternoon in July will be hot in ABQ. Get some water!

Great trip! Have a good time!
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM

Driving just 30 minutes instead of an hour? Why not stay in Albuquerque the first night or just drive the hour to Sante Fe?
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:58 AM

I second the last poster...there is a very nice Mariott Residence Inn a stone's throw from the airport.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

I was thinking about taking the Turquoise Trail up to Santa Fe and I have looked at the link given by Martym. I just wondered if anyone could recommend a place from personal experience. But, we'll just head to Santa Fe the first night. Clarasong, I'll look into the Mariott Residence Inn for the night before we fly back home. Thanks.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM

We're arriving in Albuquerque on 5/2 late afternoon. We wanted to stay just north of Alb. and take a slow drive to Santa Fe stopping to check out various sites the next day. I found an inn called Hacienda Grande (website:
http://www.lahaciendagrande.com/ )
where we'll stay the first night. I'd be happy to report back after we get back May 10th, if that's of any help to you.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

That would be great! Thank you.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Although, as posters say, it is a direct and easy drive to SF from ABQ, we too are staying in a b&b outside of Abq for 2 nights before venturing on to SF. We want to do some hiking and have chosen the Hacienda Vargas which seems to be roughly 25-30 min. northwest of ABQ from what I can make out. We will be hiking the Tent Rocks area and this B&B received very positive write-ups on Trip Advisor. <haciendavargas.com> It's in Algodones, near Bernalillo, on an old stagecoach stop (on old El Camino Real). I too can post when we return. We'll be there 4/15-17.