Notices

San Diego Hotels

Old May 31st, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego Hotels

I will be in San Diego with my wife for a summer vacation next month. I have found three hotels in our price range, but I don't know much about them. The Holiday Inn Express Old Town for $129,Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for $150, or the Boat Club Hotel and Marine for $119. I would appreciate any comments on the hotels, or your choice. Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:06 AM

The Holiday Inn Express Oldtown was one of seven I looked at last year to have a ship's reunion in this year. It had just been completely renovated from I think, a Ramada Express. It was very attractive and came in a very close second. I selected the Holiday Inn Bayside because it suited our group's need a little bit better. If it were just the two of us, I would be quite content staying there.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:22 AM

Randy2

Reviews on Holiday Inn Express Old Town and Humphrey's Half Moon can be seen at www.tripadvisor.com - For what it is worth Holiday Inn was listed as #11 and Humphrey's Half Moon as #5. I have never been able to work out how they determine the popularity #.

Have you taken a look at www.sandiego.org - I have recommended many times. This is the official tourist site for San Diego and has so much information and often times hotels are a little cheaper.

Best wishes for a lovely holiday in beautiful San Diego.

Sandy
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:16 AM
ltt

that's a good rate for humphrey's - i'd go for that. it may not be as centrally located as the others but it's a nice hotel and grounds.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:33 AM

Hi. I love Humphreys. Have not stayed at the others. Humphreys is on Shelter Island, a marina. There are walking paths on the island, and it has wonderful views of downtown San Diego. You could maybe do a search on Shelter Island to see what else is there. It is self contained, but has a few restaurants to choose from. And Humphries has its own restaurant that has views of the marina and is pretty good. The rooms there are nice and the pool is great. In the summer they have concerts, but I think they are usually finished about 10 pm or so. It is a very nice property.