Holiday Inn San Diego

Search

Holiday Inn San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holiday Inn San Diego

There are several Holiday Inns in San Diego but has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn-Bayside near the cruise ship terminal? We have booked a week there and are having second thoughts as Holiday Inns generally seem to have gone downhill. Terry
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Holiday Inn Bayside is not the one across the road from the cruise ship terminal. That is the Holiday Inn on the Bay. Which one have you booked at? I live in San Diego and have stayed at neither, but I think the location of the "on the Bay" one is much better. It is right across from the Star of India and Anthony's seafood restaurants, and next door to Ruth's Chris steak restaurant. You can easily walk to the new Midway aircraft carrier museum, the Fish Market, and Seaport Village. The ferry to Coronado is also close by.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:19 AM

Terry, In April, 2003 I looked at seven hotels in San Diego and stayed in three while searching for a site to hold a ship's reunion. I decided on the Holiday Inn Bayside, and we will be staying there for three days next month. It was being renovated at that time, and even with construction going on, it was clean and well maintained. It also has a recreation around the pool area, a happy hour, and and a nice restaurant.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM

I've stayed at both - accidently book the Bayside thinking it was "on the Bay."

I preferred "on the Bay" as it is within walking distance to restaurants and right on the water.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM

Just got back from San Diego and thought that HI looked okay. We stayed at the Manchester Hyatt (booked on Priceline for $70 a night) and got a room on the 14th floor overlooking the harbor. The hotel has undergone a major renovation and felt like a 5 star resort.