Notices

San Diego Holiday Inn Mission Bay

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:07 AM
carolyn

San Diego Holiday Inn Mission Bay

Has anyone stayed at this hotel. We are interested in there suites. How is the location, hotel etc. Thanks

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Alice

If this is on Sports Arena Drive...it's not actually on Mission Bay, it's actually in a rather seedy business district on the outskirts of Point Loma. Post the address, as there are many HI in SD.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Mark

I stayed here last year and would not recommend this as a place to stay in San Diego. I would't go as far as say the area is seedy, it felt quite suburban. The hote is near Sea World but that's not a reason to stay there. You don't say what you are looking for but I wished I had stayed near the Gaslamp area.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:28 PM
formerSD

Carolyn, I may be very mistaken as it has been a few years since I lived in S.D but I think there is a Holiday Inn down by the Wharf. It use to be called the The Embaradaro. Very close to downtown. Actually it is downtown just about right off of Pacific Highway and close to the airport. It should be reasonable, if it is a Holiday Inn. It is a better location. Restaurants across the street, and the Harbor Cruise excursion.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:29 PM
x

You're right about the location...however, judging from her previous posts it would be out of her price range. In Sept it was $200/night.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:12 PM
carolyn

Alice,
You are right about the location the address is 3737 Sports Arena Blvd.

Do you have any other recommendations? We are buying a house in the San Francisico Bay area (from Phoenix) Money is tight.

Thanks

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Alice

If you don't have to stay on the water...I'd look at Embassy Suites La Jolla (actually east of La Jolla) or Residence Inn La Jolla (also east of LJ). Many people on a budget stay in the Hotel Circle area which is right off a freeway but makes for easy access...and if you request a room at the back of the property you miss the freeway noise. Also, I'm not sure when you're going but if it's off season, I'd look at the Bahia in Mission Beach...great location for kids and their bayside rooms are huge - 2 queen beds and a pullout couch in the main room, dining area, kitchen. Try expedia for a longer list and sometimes good deals, also look at the hotel websites, sometimes they have the best prices.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:34 PM
carolyn

Alice, I just looked up the Embassy in La Jolla, the rates are good about $160. We are going Dec 12-15. Does the Bahia have 2 room suites? My one year old goes to bed at 6pm.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:06 PM
xxx

If you look on Expedia there seems to be some good prices for what you are seeking. Bahia is somewhat high but there seems to many others.