Notices

Humphreys Inn or Residence Inn San Diego?

Old May 13th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humphreys Inn or Residence Inn San Diego?

Has anyone stayed at either or these properties? I got a great rate for a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite at the Residence Inn Downtown. I'm a little hesitant because I don't know if it's a good location and I cant find any decent pictures of the rooms.

On the other hand I also have a marina suite plus a connecting room booked at Humphreys Moon Inn for approx $150 more a night. Would it be worth that extra money over 6 nights to stay at Humphreys?

Based on my research I really feel that these are the best two hotels for our needs. Thanks for your help.
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:35 AM

I live in San Diego and haven't stayed in either. However, Humphrey's is very nice, but further away from most of the things you'll be visiting. The Residence Inn is very conveniently located, but the main Amtrack line runs right behind it, so you might want to make sure your rooms are closer to the front.
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Anyone else have experience with either property?
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:46 AM
ltt

humphrey's is a very nice place but as mentioned there are a couple of restaurants around but you'll be driving most everywhere - but, that's not a big deal. however, $150 more a night sounds like a big jump.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM

you could not have picked two more vastly different hotels. if you want to stay in a more upscale resort atmosphere, right on the bay/marina, go with humphreys. you will need to drive to get to most places but it is by no means an out of the way location. the residence inn? easy access to downtown san diego, but certainly no resort. apples and oranges, here, horkmom - hard to advise you on this one.