Search

San Antonio Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Antonio Hotels

We're looking for good hotel choices that aren't right on the Riverwalk but yet still close, convenient, cheaper, etc. Any suggestions for "second string" hotels? Are the hotels on the east side of the river closer to stores and restaurants? If we do choose a hotel on the riverwalk, would this be a noisy area? What area of the riverwalk is good as far as convenience but yet not too noisy? What time of the year is it good to visit San Antonio? On the riverwalk, what are your favorite hotels? Thank you for your help.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 08:36 AM

We stayed at the Westin (we won it on Priceline) on Memorial Day Weekend and it was not noisy at all. There was even a wedding in the hotel and we had a room with a balcony overlooking the river. We loved it and would stay there again.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 09:17 AM

I personally like the Hilton Palacio del Rio but any of hotels on the riverwalk are nice. It's too hot to visit SA now but it should be very pleasant by the end of September.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:09 PM

I live in San Antonio.

There are many chain hotels that are accessible to the River Walk by either short walk or trolley. Check the hotel sites directly. A map shouls show you how far you are from the river.

I would come in December. It will be cooler and the river walk is beautifully decorated. Check the CVB site for calendar of events.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:13 PM

I agree that during Las Posadas in December is the best time to visit!

We like to stay at the Wyndham St. Anthony. It is 2 blocks from the Riverwalk and VERY historic. I've gotten some excellent rates on the internet there ($75 a night) in the past.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 03:52 PM

My friend and I just got back from San Antonio last week. We stayed the night a a Red Roof Inn just a block or two from the Alamo. It wasn't the Hilton, but all we cared about was a bed and shower. The room was clean, quiet and about $55.
We drove to a parking lot on the north west corner of the post office and paid $5 for the day to park and walked from there.
For me, Texas was too hot, but I'm used to mid to upper 70's in Washingotn.