San Antonio Riverwalk & Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, exactly where is the pretty and popular part of the Riverwalk in San Antonio? I'm looking for the area that has the little boat cruises and pretty restaurants and hotels located there. We were at the Riverwalk 40 years ago and I don't have a clue where we were but would like to get back to that area. Looking at some old posts I think the Hotel Valencia should be in that area. It isn't as expensive as some and the hotel website looks good. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

I just found the "Drury Plaza San Antonio" and the amenities sound great. Now if someone can tell me if this is a nice area of the Riverwalk I will be all set. Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:57 AM

The whole downtown area by the Riverwalk is nice and very compact. So any hotel on the Riverwalk would be fine.

I just stayed at the Westin Riverwalk a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. Excellent service. I've also stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk and it was fine too. The Drury Plaza is adjacent to the Riverwalk so location wise, it would be fine. I don't know anything else about the hotel though.
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
There are two Drury Inns on the Riverwalk right across from each other. I stayed at the one on South St. Mary's St and was very happy with it. I wanted to stay at the one on North St. Mary's but they were booked. We got a suite room located on the corner of the building with a straight view of San Fernando Cathedral and Tower Life Building. You did have to walk a little to get to the action on the riverwalk but it wasn't bad because we filled up on the free food, so needed the exercise.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Wyatt is correct - most all of the Riverwalk is nice.

The Hotel Contessa is my favorite Riverwalk hotel. Best prices are directly on their website. Each room is a suite.