Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Samantha Brown's weekend on the Grand Strand.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondered if any of you saw Samantha Brown's weekend on the the Grand Strand on the Travel Channel. I enjoyed it and thought she covered well for the time allotted from one area to the other. I did not know about the Crab Lady so I learned something new after living here many years.
Wish she had gone to our Heritage Trail Walk here in Cherry Grove. A place not too discovered which I enjoy almost every few days.
I've been a fan of hers for many years watching Passport to Europe and have visited many of the places she traveled.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Samantha has got a very sweet job!
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
dmlove

Not yet, but I'm recording the whole series (so far have San Francisco, Miami and a few other episodes). Where is the Grand Strand?

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes I saw it. I had not seen Samanatha Brown before, and found her less annoying than some people had made her out to be.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM

I have been watching a few of her weekend getaway shows. The other day I caught her SF show and it really made me want to get back there. Enough that my best friend and I decided to do a girls trip there this fall! I actually really like Samantha Brown and so enjoy all her shows

Where is the Grand Strand?
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM

The Grand Strand is the name for the beaches in and around Myrtle Beach, SC.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM

How many episodes have there been? I think I missed some. I saw Vegas, Memphis, and the ones last night (Orlando and NC).
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
J62

On my own scale of annoying, with Rachel Ray weighing in at one end, just beyond Rick Steeves, Samantha is near the middle. Tolerable, but if there's something better on the tube I'll switch in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Tha Grand Strand covers about 60 miles of beaches and towns all the way from Pawleys Island(where Samantha learned to make the hammock), Murrels Inlet(where she was crabbing) up to the area of N. Myrtle Beach which includes Ocean Drive(where Samantha learned to shag). Myrtle Beach is more in the middle of this area. She was riding the bike in Middle Beach State Park. There is really something for everyone here from the most touristy activities to things more off the beaten path.
Sounds like I am promoting the area. I live here and sometimes wish it were not so discovered. It has grown tremendously in the last few years .
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:14 PM

maryanne,

we missed it. I am a cheapo and only have basic cable. I share your mixed emotions though. My perspective in the middle of summer is that I wish less, not more, people knew about MB. But that's selfish and inconsistent with the fact that I was a tourist for a lot longer than I've been a resident.