Royal Palms South Beach or The Tides

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Palms South Beach or The Tides

My sister and I are trying to decide on a great hotel we'd enjoy near South Beach, but quiet enough so we can sleep at night without blaring noise. We want to be able to walk to shops and restaurants, etc. and on the "boardwalk". Would either of these hotels be good, or does anyone have another suggestion.

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:03 AM
GoTravel

While I love the Royal Palm, The Tides is one of the best hotels in South Florida.

It is truly a luxury resort whereas the Royal Palm is probably only a four star.

The only thing that Royal Palm has over the Tides is that it is ocean front.

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:41 AM

We stayed at the ROyal Palm and liked it a lot - got a great deal from Priceline. Great beach!!!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM

Both these hotels are IN South Beach, but well south of the Boardwalk (which starts at 21st St and extends north to 47th). I don't think that should matter. South Beach is a walking town, with lots and lots to do.

Of the two hotels you list, the Tides is by far the more over-the-top luxury resort. The Royal Palm is no longer a Crowne Plaza property, having been purchased by Sol Meliá Hotels. Not that it matters; it's a beautiful hotel, just not in the same league as the Tides.

Another high-style choice, without being too decadent or loud, would be the gorgeous National, in the same general area as the Royal Palm.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:28 AM

Both hotels are lovely. For pure luxury and location go to The Charlton Ritz. They do offer some interesting packages. If you don't stay, at least stop by and have a drink and snack while overlooking the ocean. It's also a quiet place to people watch those on the boardwalk.
Sherry
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:32 AM

I think cybor means the Ritz-Carlton South Beach-- at Lincoln Road. Beachfront, but still south of the official Boardwalk. Also a very, very nice luxury hotel.

The Victor is another over-the-top possibility, but like the Delano, it might be a bit too wild (specifically, the in-lobby DJ might make for sleepless evenings-- not that there's anything wrong with that). Still....
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
GoTravel

True, for the money you are spending, the Ritz-Carlton South Beach, The Delano, The Setai, or the Shore Club would all be my choice over The Tides.

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:06 AM

woops, sorry about that, it is Carlton rather than Charlton, as rj stated. It is however, on the/a boardwalk - don't know if it's officially called the boardwalk or not though, but it seems to go further north all the time as they keep extending the boardwalk and it does connect with S.Beach.
S