"Roseanne's Nuts" on the Lifetime Network

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those attracted to anything/everything associated with Hawaii on TV, the premiere is tonight @ 9:00 eastern. The story appears to be founded on the adventures of a (Wild 'n Crazy) Big Island Mac Nut Farmer. An additional 30 minute episode is indicated on our local schedule @ 9:30.
Just guessing, but appears that appreciation of the script/acting will be enhanced by at least one Mai Tai.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Roseann Barr? No, thanks. Not even if she's in Hawaii!
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM

I'm curious--I'm going to watch.

When I saw Roseanne do her stand-up act in Seattle in 1993, I couldn't stop laughing. Then about five years ago I saw her in Las Vegas and barely cracked a smile.

I hope she's got her mojo back, but I'm doubtful.

HTTY
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM

Roseann Barr is like fingernails on a blackboard to me - only thing good I can say about her is that for past years I had forgotten all about her. Would take a far more than a MaiTai to get me to watch.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Assuming the linked previews amount to "best foot forward" it does appear to hold potential for something really really BAAAD. Be that the case, we plan to hit the mute button & stick around in the hope of worthwhile scenery.
Anyway, if rumor is true, it could have been (imo) worse...Roseanne wasn't first choice; the originally intended theme was based upon the life of a Big Island "Gentleman" Farmer with Donald Trump playing the lead.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am excited about this show, it looks fun. And I do like Roseanne, so I'm ahead of the game there I guess. Unfortunately I forgot about the premiere and only saw the last 5 minutes of it, but I'm tuning in next week. I realize it is a certain kind of humor, but I thought it was a hoot!
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 07:16 AM

The premiere and first episodes are being shown several times each; check out the schedule.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Hey suze; Lifetime is rerunning both episodes again tonight @ 10:00 & 10:30 eastern:
http://www.mylifetime.com/lifetime-tv-schedule
Not exactly fast paced (Hawaiian speed!), but kind of cute.
Let's give Roseanne credit: 1) She loves Hawaii, 2) Has a big heart (granted a piggy, that was about to go under the knife, a pardon) 3) Doesn't begin to take herself too seriously and 4) Lives just a few minutes from Tex Drive; home of Hawaii's yummiest Malasadas. Also, perhaps a little sympathy for buying near the top of the market: http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/r...arm-in-hawaii/
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 08:40 AM

She was on the Joy Behar show last night and was great .... so I'll definitely try and watch the show.
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM

I thought Roseanne gave a good interview on the Joy Behar Show and that "Roseanne's Nuts" had a few unforced laughs. I liked meeting her son and son-in-law, but I was puzzled about what is the attraction of her live-in boyfriend (except I'm glad she doesn't feel the need for a boy toy).

HTTY
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM

I thought she was very funny on The View yesterday.

"I tell all my kids not to have children because they just ruin your life"
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 03:01 PM

I thought the boyfriend was funny and intelligent, and appreciates her for the same qualities (and he's tall, slim, got a lot of hair, albeit gray; kind of easy on the eyes).
I think she sometimes tries too hard to be earthy, coarse even. But she has more money than god, so she can do what she wants.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
hulapieguy~ Thanks for starting this post. I finally saw several episodes (repeats and a new one) and am *LOVING* this show. I think it's incredibly funny, sweet even. Plus you can't beat the background scenery!
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

You're welcome suze; glad you (and everyone else) are enjoying. We continue to watch & definitely get more chuckles out of the hour than from the typical canned laughter sit-com. Also, the come-back performance of the National Anthem was really cute & brave.
Personally, we'd prefer a little 3 bedroom ocean-front on a half acre (this one sold three days after we looked at it back in February/before we could begin to see if we could make the deal work, but still refer to it as "our dream house": http://bigisland.gurure.com/details....&OneProperty=Y ), but different strokes....
Perhaps more true of Hawaii lovers, than others, but would guess that Roseanne seems to have a happier life than most might have imagined.
Now, if they'd just have a segment where she pays a visit to TEX DRIVE IN!
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM

I like the show too. It inspires me to possibly visit Hawaii. I thought 'the surfing lesson' episode was funny, esp since I've never tried surfing. I also like the singing trio of men who appear after commercial breaks - gives me a chuckle. Greg
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM

It's a very easy-going, laid-back show. Roseanne comes across as
a devoted and much-loved mother. She dishes it out, but she's a
good sport and seems to be well aware of her short-comings.

I haven't decided what I think of her boyfriend. However, I did like
when he suggested to Roseanne that she might want to wash down
her Mother's Day omelet with one of their "fine breakfast wines."

HTTY