Reload this Page >

Honest Opinion of "O"

Search

Honest Opinion of "O"

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Curious

Honest Opinion of "O"

I have reserved my tickets to O for my trip to Vegas this summer. I just had someone come back from Vegas and tell me that they didn't think O was worth the $121 per ticket, and that they were disappointed with the show. That is the first negative thing I have heard about O. Can I get some honest opinions from people who have seen it? Thanks.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:04 AM
kc

I liked Mystere better.
It is amazing what they do with ,on and around water,but after a while it got boring.
Mystere is on,over,and sort of under the stage,there was something different happening all the time,the Kodo drummers were fabulous!
So Mystere is my fav,I would see it again.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:20 AM
frankie

If you poll people on this site, I'm betting that at least 9 out of 10 will tell you they liked it. 90% odds in Vegas is a pretty good bet to me!

I thought the show was entertaining and would see it again before Mystere. If you trust the taste of the person who made the comment, then don't spend the money. Otherwise, reserve judgement for yourself and go.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:26 AM
klam

I was hesitant to spend that type of money on what I thought would be a circus show (duh!), but my husband was insistent. We saw it and absolutely loved it! When we went back to Vegas two years later, we were disappointed that we could not get tickets to see it again. Be thankful you've got tix in hand! Enjoy.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:58 AM

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Tracey

I have seen 4 of their productions and like O the best. I did not get a chance to see Mystere, so I cannot compare the two. But I would buy tickets at that price to see O again!

Old May 10th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Jean Valjean

I saw it two years ago, and thought it was very much worth the price. I wouldn't go as far as to compare it with Mystere, as they are completely different. A month ago we were in Vegas and we were completely dissapointed that we could not get tickets to see it again.

It is an excellent show.

Old May 10th, 2002, 07:51 AM
John McMahon

O is amazing. I didn't want to spend the money but a friends live in Vegas and said that we have to see it. I was not disappointed. We were blown away. I am not a big fan of shows and I enjoyed it. Tough ticket to get if you don't stay at the hotel. Have to see once.

Old May 10th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Serena

See "O", as only in Vegas will you be able to see the show, as it would difficult for them to travel. You can see shows like "Mystere", as they go they appear at other places. I have seen five different shows of that troup and they all good.

Old May 10th, 2002, 08:28 AM
ooo

I saw O last year.
It was very weird. Like a bunch of gay men on acid. IMO

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:02 AM
oYes

O is worth it. My husband and I saw it 2 years ago when we stayed at the Bellagio, and we were absolutely mesmerized. I, too, was initially skeptical about the tix price (then I think it was hovering around $100), but we absolutely do not regret it. Still talk about it now and then! You won't see anything like it anywhere else.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Lenore

I will be seeing both shows (O and Mystere) the first week of June, compliments of two of my vendors. Business trips aren't all bad, right? I will be happy to give my opinions of each when I return.

Old May 10th, 2002, 10:08 AM

Old May 10th, 2002, 11:40 AM
TTT

TTT

Old May 10th, 2002, 02:02 PM
toptoptop

toptoptop

Old May 10th, 2002, 02:02 PM
BillJ

Add us to the "pro-'O'" crowd. IMO, O stands for Outstanding. Would see it again in a heartbeat. Do not, under any circumstances, miss the opening.

Old May 10th, 2002, 04:34 PM
ttt

bumping again for no earthly reason

Old May 10th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Tim

I can't see how anyone could be disappointed with "O", although I can understand the frustration with the high price of the ticket for someone on a budget. We have seen Allegria ( my favorite), "O", Mystere and La Nouba. We enjoyed everyone of them. They are all just fanstatic displays of athleticism, dance, costumes and gymnastics. I love the surreal quality that Cirque du Soleil brings to all of their performances. The music, especially of Allegria, is just haunting and memorable. Pay the money and see one of the great shows of our time, Cirque du Soleil, where ever you can.

Old May 10th, 2002, 05:26 PM
frankie

I said 9 out of 10, and I'm close. Again, do you trust the taste of the dissenter or are they just in that 10% of people that are joyless, soulless, nay Godless people who dislike "O"

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:35 PM
kc

OMG-I am joyless ,souless and Godless!???Yikes!
I saw Mystere in March,then O in August.I have seen Allegria and years ago the first one that came to Bryant Park NY.
I always enjoy Cirque de Soleil,have even seen them in the summer in Quebec.
That said I will again say that I liked Mystere better..being the joyless person that I am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -