Rose Bowl Game Hotel

Search

Rose Bowl Game Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rose Bowl Game Hotel

If FSU gets invited to the game, I am thinking of a quick 2 night trip from FLL or MIA. Any ideas on reasonable hotels near Rose Bowl. Other than Pasedena, what other areas are suggested. If I fly jet blue, how far is long beach from the rose bowl?
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Richard will probably be able to answer this the best, but I'm thinking an hour from Long Beach. You might check with FSU re: accommodations. I know fans from other out of state teams stay at hotels, like the Century Plaza in West L.A., and they have a shuttle bus take the fans to and from the game. They may have something like that for FSU.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 11:48 AM

It is probably too late to get any hotel space close to the Rose Bowl - especially in a reasonable price range. We have stayed in a Marriott Courtyard over near UCLA which wasn't too bad in price and had no trouble getting up to Pasadena on Rose Bowl Day - you just have to be there at the crack of dawn if you want to go to the parade - which is spectacular!
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 12:44 PM
hsv

There is a Four Points by Sheraton in Monrovia/ Arcadia area and a Marriott Residence Inn across the street from it. There is not that much around these hotels apart from some chain restaurants like the Claim Jumper, but Freeway access is pretty good- driving time to the Rose Bowl should not exceed 10 minutes and Old Town Pasadena for some evening strolling and wonderful dining is not much farther away, either.
Note that these places are nothing special, but they are decent properties that might fit your budget.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM

jpg2esq-
Give some thought to Newport Beach. When we did our last Rose Bowl trip, our package included hotel accomodations in Newport Beach (a Hyatt if I remember correctly). We were close to the beach, but as I'm sure you know that it's too cold for swimming.

While we were a bit concerned about being that far away, it was actually a nice change of pace from the Pasadena/LA area. We went as part of a land/air package through Michigan and did not have a choice of hotel or travel options. IF FSU gets an invite, I suspect that you will find it hard to get a hotel anywhere on your own. Even harder will be the tickets to the game. I've been to 3 Rose Bowls (the last in 1998) and travel and game tickets have become much, much more difficult. I have my Rose Bowl order form in hand from Michigan now and even alumni status does not guarantee that we will get tickets to the game. Scalping is also unattractive alternative, --we've had 2 different sets of friends get burned by scalpers who sold them bogus tickets. Even worse, one of our neighbors even got burned by AAA when they bought a tour package that included tickets---they found out on New Year's Eve that they did not have tickets to the game.

Before you worry about travel, I think you should first find out if you can get game tickets. The FSU ticket folks probably can't tell you anything until an invite is made. I think the invitations go out after this weekends final games.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the posts. My concern is not tickets so much as finding a decent airfare from south florida.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM

I think you should try for a hotel in Pasadena/Arcadia/Monrovia/Glendale Area if you are only going to be in S. CA for 2 days. It will be a nightmare running back and forth from Newport Beach or other South Orange County Areas. They are very nice but it seems your main goal is to attend the Rose Bowl and you will want to be closer - at least I would for that short a time.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

I have to agree with you Cali.