Arguing Fodorites caused my California inquiry to be deleted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fodorites, please don't argue on the message boards. I posted a request for information on a trip I am planning next year to Yosemite, Cambria, Monterey, and San Francisco and received many helpful replies. Unfortunately I didn't print the information. When I went in today to print it I was surprised to discover it was no longer available. Apparently it was deleted because two Fodorites spent the last few postings arguing with each other. Please don't use another person's posting to argue with someone. Because of this argument I have lost valuable information and will have to post again, hoping the same people who provided information the first time will do so again. I also hope these same two people don't get into another argument with the one accusing the other of posting under two different names.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:27 PM

Thank you for posting this. Too many California posts get over run with arguements, making it hard for people to get the information they are looking for.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you had this happen to you. I hope as well that those who posted valuable information previously will do so again. And I also hope that those who wish to pick an argument will simply have others ignore that/those person/people. We all benefit from things posted here. I hope people can keep that in mind.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:43 PM

It is too bad. Sometimes I think someone just tries too hard to be THE authority and get the last word on everything. The purpose is to share info.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeah???!!!
Why, I otta...
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:29 PM

mlm59, it is a shame that this happened to you. There was a problem on this board and fodors seems to have handled it for the time being, but it seems that your information got caught in the cross-fire.

Once upon a time, when fodors was making some changes to the site, a whole time period of threads disappeared into a black hole, never to return. Ever since then I have developed the habit of saving any information I really want to keep in my word processing program on my own hard drive. It's not a bad idea.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:56 AM

I have also found that emailing entire threads to myself (per the button below the reply box) is very helpful in saving the info I'm researching.