Restaurant Recommendations for Breckenridge, CO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We leave in 4 weeks to visit DS1, who is currently working in Breckenridge. He has been too busy to eat out much, plus extra funds tend to support his snowboarding and traveling habits.

We are renting a place through VRBO, but would like to eat out a few times during the 5 days we are there.

Look for recommendations in any price range from approximately $40 pp and lower. We love to have at least one nice meal with elk, venison, or other game when we are out west, as it is hard to get in Florida. We are open to any type of restaurant or cruisine, from diner to finer!

If there’s something we shouldn’t miss at Breck, let us know!
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM

It's been so long since we were there that I don't remember the names of the places where we ate. This may help www.breckenridgediningguide.com if no one else chimes in.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Volcanogirl! I've looked over that website and made a few notes.

I think this is the first time I've ever had such a small response to a post. The forum has been such a great help in the past. I guess that either we have very few skiers, or the new set up (25 posts displayed instead of 50) means posts are viewed as often as they used to be.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Hi Rascat, There are a lot of good restaurants in Breck to choose from. Some of my favorites for steaks and the like are Cafe Alpine, Hearthstone, The Dredge and the Briar Rose. If you have a rental car and wouldn't mind traveling an additional 10-20 minutes you can go to Silverheels or Blue Spruce in in Frisco, Pug Ryans in Dillon or (might be a little more than your $40pp but well worth it) The Ranch in Keystone or Der Fondue Chessel which is on top of Keystone and you take two gondola rides to. You may also be in time for some good deals on restaurants so make sure to look through the paper for local deals. Hope that helps! Enjoy your stay.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM

My all time favorite restaurant in Breckenridge is the Hearthstone. Food and service is consistently good. Cafe Alpine used to be a favorite but the last time we visited, the service was lacking and on the previous visit the food was not up to par. For a beer and inexpensive meal, Empire Burger has the best burgers in town. For a great Italian meal try Giampetro's. It is a hole-in-the-wall sort of place, reasonably priced and usually a wait but they take your cell phone number and will call you while you browse in shops. Briar Rose has outstanding prime rib and game. If you need a mid-afternoon snack, try Mary's Mountain Cookies. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
nlg

We also loved the Blue Spruce in Frisco. Eric's in Breckenridge had good pizza.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone!

Kepen, my husband will be scouring the town looking for those local deals. He loves hunting for bargains!

breckgal, DH also adores hamburgers. Getting to try them all over the country is one of the ways I get my normally "homebody" DH to travel. So Empire Burger is definitley on the list. We are all fans of Italian, and you had him at "hole-in-the-wall," so it's a contender too!

nlg, looking into the Blue Spruce, especially since we've gotten 2 votes for it now.

Thanks again, and feel free to chime in with any others you think of!
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 05:17 AM

For your bargain-hunting husband - stop at the visitor center in Breck and rummage throught the free pamphlets that they have. Many times these pamphlets contian coupons for half off dinners, or buy-one-get-one. Even if it's just a coupon for a free beer or appetizer, he may feel fulfilled. Usually the lobby of your hotel will have them also.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 05:53 AM

Hi! Just back from Breck on Sunday after a week of snow, fun.

for that unique sports bar feel with authentic autographed posters etc - Eric's Downstairs - on Main Street - through the door with the many, many stickers...

for reasonable and tasty dining - Kenosha's - I had buffalo stew - yum - homemade black bean burger - husband had a plate full of pulled pork - delicious - one shrimp order among us - and the birthday girl (age 14) had the 8 oz. strip prepared perfectly - medium rare.

dessert - the guys at Crepes a la carte are a hoot - crepes are wonderful - but wear warm clothes - you'll be seated outside by the gas fire pit

Fatty's also scored high last year when we were there....

and don't forget a stop at Coors Brewery on your way in/out of Denver - great tour - 3 complimentary brews at the end - town of Golden is funky & fun.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Yea, more recommendations!

furledleader-DH will definitely check out that visitors center. He loves those racks of pamphlets. Doesn't matter if it's a free drink or BOGO, he's happy! He found us some great coupons on our trip to Austin.

NoRegrets-I like the sound of that buffalo stew. Do you know if they serve any elk? DS working in Breck has mentioned the sticker fixation many times. If you rode the buses around Breck and had a driver with shoulder-length, red, curly hair-that was my boy!

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM

We enjoyed Briar Rose, Crepes a la carte and Giampetro's. The Dredge looked interesting, but we didn't eat there.
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM

Coming to Breckenridge with our family...24,21,19 and 16. We are staying at Valdoro. Any suggestions on what we can do and where to go on day trips? We are staying a week in late July. Areas of interest: white water rafting, biking and spa etc. Thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM

We've always gone reafting with River Runners http://www.riverrunnersltd.com/

If you don't get many responses to your questions, you might want to start a new thread.