Rehoboth/Bethany/Dewey Eats

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to this area in late August. Any restaurant suggestions, and or warnings. Please advise.
Thanks.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:17 AM

I don't think Dewey has any restaurants, only bars that happen to serve food (this is a slight exaggeration).

We usually get breakfast at the Starboard, which is good but it will be packed with hungover twenty-somethings drinking bloody marys (which you mix yourself), and buckets of Rolling Rocks - yes, even at 9 or 10 in the morning.

Rehobeth - it is fun to sit at outdoor bars along the beach because you can often see dolphins playing in the ocean from there. There's a place there that makes wonderful folded-pizza-like things that are absolutely to die for. It might be called Nick's, but I wouldn't swear to that. It's worth finding. It's not on the boardwalk side, but is near the main shopping street, about 1 block inland from the boardwalk.

Have fun!
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:41 AM
E

A few blocks away from the ocean, Rehoboth sports several restaurants that would not be out of place in DC, in that they're hip and trendy and a world away from Cap'n Jack's Fish n' Chips. I really wish I could be more specific, but I just can't recall the name of one particularyl good Asian fusion-y place where I had a yummy dinner, in the outdoor garden, and fun, elaborate cocktails served by major waitron eye candy. I find 99% of the oceanside places to be horrific, sweaty tourist traps, but they are more "authentic", in a way--just depends on what you're looking for. Have a great trip!
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:46 AM
SmilesTravel

Back Porch Cafe and Camel's Hump, both in Rehobeth Beach. The two best places to eat. Get reservations. Dewey and Lewes are not worth a search - unless you're into wet t-shirt contests.

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Kaudrey,
I just stumbled across the mane, Nicola pizza. Home of the Nic-o-boli. Thanks for sharing....... The dolphins, I didn't know that...... Thanks again!
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:05 AM

I haven't been there in quite some time but if Camero's is still in Rehobeth I'd definately have a sub.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM

Bootsies BBQ-a shack outside of town (bethany Beach)that has great ribs and chicken-take out or picnic style, You can buy some fresh fruit and veggies there too.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM

Don't miss Thrasher fries at the boardwalk in Rehoboth.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 07:57 AM

For pizza one would have to say Nicolo's or Grotto's are the places to go. Thrasher's french fries are a tradition yet the french fry place a couple doors down are just as good.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 08:34 AM

We always went to Lewes/Rehoboth when I was a kid (instead of the Jersey shore) and I remember dining at two restaurants, the Crab Pot and the Anchorage. Are either of them still around?