Really frustrated trying to pick a hotel, help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the past when traveling we generally stay at the best Western. This time however we're checking out beach hotels. We found one, the Bahai Mar in Fort Lauderdale. The price is right, the location is good, however it gets reviews from five stars to one star. So what you you do?

So basically I'm asking for your input on hotels, will be staying around the Miami Fort Lauderdale area from January 4 to January 19. Thanking you in advance.

bob_eva
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM

A budget would be helpful in providing advice - as well as who/how many "we" are.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Are you interested in just Fort Lauderdale, r are you considering other options? There are some Best Westerns that are right on the beach.

When looking at reviews, look for reviews from frequent travelers or people that have written lots of reviews. I find that I can trust their judgement a little more ...."one-time-only" reviewers might be the hotel manager touting his establishment, or a disgruntled ex-employee trying to harm the place.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Good point, just myself and my wife Eva are traveling, our budget is about $120 per night but might go a bit more it was nice hotel.

Also, please excuse me, as I entered the same topic twice as I didn't think it had gone through

bob_eva
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Yes we have considered the best Western Atlantic Beach resort and the best Western on the Bay Inn they are about 150 night. The Bahia Mar came in at about $120 a night once included parking.

You had a good point most of the negative reviews were from people on their first stay

bob_eva
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Check to see what rates you can get at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale. We stayed there last year and found it to be very enjoyable to stay at for a moderately priced hotel. It is very close to the beach and several restaurants including Bubba Gumps which was very good and reasonably priced.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM

The best hotel in Ft. Lauderdale is the Lago Mar!
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM

I have stayed at the Lago Mar and liked it a lot. It is right on the beach. One has to be fore warned however that it is a 1950's style hotel beautifully maintained in its original elegance, style, and ambience. So if you would enjoy an elegant 1950's style hotel, it is quite wonderful. If you are looking for a trendy modern style hotel this would not be it.