Provincial, Place D Armes, Maison Dupuy or Daphene

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hubby and I are going Jan17 weekend to N.O. (I'm surprising him with the trip for Christmas) We have stayed before at Monteleone and loved it. However we want to try something new (and a little cheaper so we can EAT more!) Please vote on what you recommend for us. We are interested in something in the French Quarter with New Orleans charm and possibly and good hotel bar. Also, comfort and cleaniness is VERY important as well as romance. I have narrowed it down to these
Hotel Provincial
Place D Armes
Maison Dupuy
Daphene
I will make my decision based on your votes...as I always do!
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM

I haven't personally stayed in any of the choices you've narrowed down to, but have consistently heard good reviews about Place D'Armes. Good luck and have a great time!
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM

We really liked the Place d'Armes. Very nice rooms, great location, wonderful courtyard. Was spotless.

We haven't stayed at your other choices.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Provincial and loved it. Not recommending the bar though. The location is perfect and the rooms are romantic and different. Next door is Stella! which I've heard is one the better in NO. Don't know if they have a bar and around the corner is Irene's.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM

We stay at the Dauphene when we go to N.O. . . right in the quarter, but not on Borbon St . . nice rooms and pleasant staff.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM

I've personally stayed at Hotel Provincial and Dauphine Orleans. I've never seen Maison Dupuy and I visited my parents' room at Place D Armes many years ago when I was there at the same time in another hotel.

PDA and HP are closer to Jackson Sq. MD and Dauphine are a little further away.

I loved Dauphine...and it is the hotel out of your choices that I have most recently seen personally. Plus we got free breakfast and Hors d'oeuvres at Happy Hour when we were there about 7 years ago.

The bar is great and is supposedly haunted...it used to be a brothel and they still keep a red light outside.

Last time I was in NOLA...Spring Break 2005 just before Katrina, I was not able to get a room at Dauphine since it was booked.
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM

We stayed at Maison Dupuy several years ago. It wasn't bad, but it felt too 'corporate', like it could have been located anywhere in the country. Just didn't 'feel' like New Orleans. I'm sure it didn't help that there was a wedding in the courtyard and it was off limits pretty much the entire length of our stay.

I've also stayed at Hotel Provincial a couple of times. It was nice enough, I'd stay there again.

Friends frequently stay at the Dauphine, they like it a lot.