Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Provincetown special occasion restaurants - recommendations

Jun 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

We're going to be in Provincetown for about a week, and in that time will be celebrating both a birthday and anniversary, so, we're looking at making two reservations for restaurants on the more expensive side. Pretty sure we've narrowed our choices down to these three - Bistro 404, The Mews, and Devon's. Any thoughts on these (or others)?
Jun 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM

We just love P-town and we enjoyed our meal at Bistro at the Crowne Pointe Inn & Spa.
The Lobster Pot was excellent as well.
There was a lovely restaurant in Truro that is fine dining but the name escapes me..
Sorry I can't be more help.
I can't say enough how much we loved the Cape Cod area.
Have fun!

www.crownepointe.com
Jun 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM

You probably want a fine dining, white tablecloth, quiet atmosphere kind of experinence.

But, I'd go to the Lobster Pot for a special occasion in Ptown
Jun 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM

I like Front Street and the Red Inn.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM

Yes Front Street or The Red Inn. In fact The Red Inn is the better of the two in my view. White linens view of the water, unhurried service and excellent food. they take reservations up to 6 weeks in advance.... amke your early. front Street has great food, but is downstairs from street level - darker and earthier.

The lobster Pot is NOT special. the food is good, but it is a large tourist spot

The Mews is also quite nice. Opinions vary, but I like the tables upstairs much better.

New to town is Victor's - small plates of food are a "specialty". The dining room is crisp and airy and the small plates make for a fun evening of sharing. (I usually order several items and tell the waiter to time them at the chefs discretion.)

I think Bistro 404 is closed. Devon's is OK - not consistant in food or service.

The building that was The Commons and last year tortured us as "Level" has a new owner. It will be calle Waterford (we could only hope the owners of The Commons are back)) ... we shall see how they do - could be a good lunch option as it is in the area of the others you mentioned.