Oxford's Robert Morris Inn- Restaurant closed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every year I visit the Robert Morris Inn in Oxford, MD to eat my favorite crab cakes. Upon visiting the Inn Thrusday, I found to my horror that the restaurant portion was closed. On top of that, I tried the crab cakes at the Masthead Restaurant in Oxford and they werre terrible and tasted of imported crab meat.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought I heard last fall that the owners were putting the inn and the restaurant up for sale. I think that place has long rested on its ancient laurels. The decor is tatty and the food mediocre and pricey. The last crab cake I had there (well over a year ago) was frozen solid in the middle and runny on the outside.

It's a nice property. Hopefully someone will update the interior (telephones in all of the rooms would be a good start) and make a real go of the restaurant.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM

"imported" from where?

Surely not "other world" Virginia or horror of horrors, Delaware???

BTW, what does "imported crabmeat' taste like after it has been mushed, crushed, mixed in, broiled or fried, George?
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

A large amount and probably a majority of crab meat and shrimp eaten in America comes from the Far East. In Maryland's Eastern Shore, we eat the best crab meat. We expect it.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM

I totally disagree with George W. I had the pleasure of dining this evening at the Masthead and had the crabcake slammers myself. They were not imported crab meat and matter of fact my wife enjoyed a crabcake sandwich and I had a soft crab sandwich that was excellent. The atmosphere, right on the water, was also a real treat. George I think you should give them another chance or maybe stay home and make your own crabcakes. Good luck in the future.