Private driver Newark to JFK?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions on a reliable service to drive a passenger from Newark to JFK? Need someone who will show up without problems as schedule is fairly tight. Thanks!
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM

That's a terrible connection, but if money is no object

bermudalimo.com
strusserslimousineservice.com

I don't know what you call tight, might it can easily take 2 hrs. or more to get between those 2 airports in heavy traffic.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 07:47 AM

The car/limo services that service the NYC area airports are very reliable. In the 20+ years I've traveled in/ou of those airports (several times each year) I've never once been "stood up" by a car service company (and I've used many different ones over the years.

You can go to Newark Airport website site and find a listing of car/limo services that service the airport.

Now for the practicalities of the trip - it's quite a distance between EWR and JFK. You can figure on at least 75 minutes travel time if you happen to do it on a "good day" and at a time when there is no traffic. The thing is those 2 "stars" rarely align in the NY metropolitan area. There is always traffic, road construction, road closures, overturned tractor trailer trucks or car accidents that will add to the cogestion. ALLOW AT LEAST 2 HOURS from the time you get in the car until you are dropped off at the JFK terminal. If you are lucky and it takes you less time well than you'll have time for a leisurely cup of coffee or maybe even a meal once you get to JFK.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I'v always found most of the car serviices to be reliable - even Carmel or Dial7 - whiich are the basic ones.

My concern is what you mean by fairly tight. Between landing at EWR and taking off at JFK anything less than 5 hours is tight. Assume flight will be 30 miinutes late, 30 minutes to get from gate to p/u luggage and find car, 2 hours to get from NJ to LI, then check-iin and security for on-going flight. (If the ticket is business or first, check-in anad security may be faster, but if coach the security line alone may be 45 minutes.)
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM

You may want to look into taking NJ Transit train at Newark Airport to NY Penn Station (25-30 mins travel). Then at Penn Station take any LIRR train that goes to Jamaica (20 mins travel). Get off at Jamaica and take the air train to your terminal(15-20 mins). While its alot of schlepping around, if you are travelling during rush hour-this may be your quickest way. If you are travelling at 2am, then I would not recommend this way.