Reload this Page >

Priceline from Canada?

Search

Priceline from Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Laura

Priceline from Canada?

Unless I am doing something wrong, this does not work without an address in the USA.

Is there anything else, that is the same idea that I can do from here, (Canada)?

---thanks

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:29 AM
traveller

I saw another post about this some time ago. I believe that you must have American Express. They don't accept any other credit card from Canada (seems kind of strange but maybe that is all they accept period). Do a search for this on the Canada branch as well as there was something posted.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Toby

Go to biddingfortravel.com which is a site dedicated to assisting people to get the best deal on Priceline. Look at the Hotel FAQ section and then you'll see a thread on Non-U.S. Resident Bidding. That explains how to enter your Canadian address. Traveller is correct though, the only credit card with a Canadian billing address that will work is Amex.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Jane

I used it last November, and just typed in my street address and city, CA for state - or Canada - (California in the US) and I just made up a zip code.
We used a Visa card...not Amex.
Do look at the biddingfortravel website
as suggested above.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Laura

Thanks Jane, I'll give it a try!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Toby

Jane, things have changed since November. Early in 2002 Visa and MC with Canadian billing addresses stopped working. Amex still works. I've used Priceline 20 times in the past year. When Visa and MC stopped working I applied for a no-fee Amex and use that regularly (as recently as yesterday).