Thank You, New York

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Statia

Thank You, New York

I just wanted to say thanks to Macy's and NYC for the spectaular fireworks display this evening. I'm a US citizen residing in the West Indies and felt like I was "home" while watching. What an amazing event. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks NYC, and a happy Fourth to everyone.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I

You're welcome.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Cindy

I'm so glad I saw your post! My daughter is a television producer in New York, and her best friend produced that TV show. I was watching the end of it just so that I could see her screen credit - she's very proud of it. I was just going to e-mail my daughter and tell her I'd seen Shara's credit, but now I can pass along your happy comments!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Statia

Glad to be of help, Cindy. I go to NYC frequently and only WISH that I could have been there in person. Tell your daughter congrats and that I'd just left a "Fourth" party here with a lot of expats who were watching, as well.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Cindy

Sure will, Statia, thank you!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Statia

Oops......I meant to tell Shara congrats, but tell you're daughter, as well.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Cindy

It's OK, Statia, I knew what you meant! I e-mailed my daughter and she says Shara won't be finished work until tomorrow morning, but she sent along my e-mail and told her about your comments. She'll probably come and have a look for herself, once she's had a few hours' sleep!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Sarah

Statia we miss everyone that leaves. We really are getting better day by day here. You enjoy what sounds like a dream hiatus. Come back soon.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:19 AM
t

From Illinois and loved watching NYC fireworks on NBC last night. Going to NYC next week and now regret not having been in the city for the 4th. Will try to go next year. Any recommended areas for viewing?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Canadian

We just returned from NYC. We went to the fireworks display. We watched from the FDR drive (the elevated portion not the street level) and found the views to be fantastic.