How to bid on Priceline.com from Canada

May 25th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Judy

How to bid on Priceline.com from Canada

Has anyone had any luck on how to bid on Priceline.com from Canada. Tried to follow the advice from biddingfortravel.com and it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

May 25th, 2002, 12:14 PM
traveller

I have never tried it but there is a Canadian branch. www.priceline.ca

Good luck.

May 25th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Tom

traveller, priceline.ca is not a "Canadian branch" of priceline. It just takes you to priceline.com.

I've used priceline many times from Canada. Follow biddingfortravel's advice, but use an American Express card. With any other card, you'll get a message saying that your card can't be verified or something like that.

May 26th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Judy

Tom is right. I tried Priceline.ca and that is exactly what happened. I have since heard that Amex is the way to go and have ordered a card. Were you happy with the outcome of using Priceline Tom?

May 27th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Tom

Judy, I've been very happy with the outcome of using Priceline. I've booked with Priceline around 20 times and never had any problem whatsoever. I've used it for hotels in Canada, the U.S. and Europe and have literally saved thousands of dollars. I've never been given an inferior room at a hotel or been looked down upon by any hotel staff as a result of having made my reservation through Priceline.

May 28th, 2002, 04:43 AM
kodi

Judy,
I have just recently tried priceline.com and was very successful. I did apply for an Amex card and it arrived within a week , and I was then able to go ahead with my bid. I also followed the instructions and made my address 'look' American. I even entered my zip code as '90210' , thinking it would be a dead givaway that my address was phony, but it went through.
I am very pleased with the whole thing and can't wait for my upcoming vacation.
Good luck.