Priceline for Canadians

Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:37 PM
Bruce

Priceline for Canadians

Can anyone tell me if Canadians can use pricline.com . When I entered all my info to make a bid it did not have Canadian Provinces to choose from for your address. It only listed American states. Help!

Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:09 AM
Jan

Hi Bruce,
I have used it a few times [and would now not book a hotel any other way] fantastic savings. On the bidding for travel site they suggest just putting in any state and postal code. I use WA, and 90210.There is no confirmation posted out so no need for an address. Very good info on the bidding for travel site make sure you read it so you don't get yourself in trouble as some have [with no cancellation etc] and they also show good winning bids so you have a better idea what to bid. I got a $320 US$ room in San Francisco this summer for $60 wow very posh loved it.
Good luck let me know if you have success
Jan

Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:18 AM
traveller

Don't you have to have an American Express card to deal with Priceline.com? I heard somewhere that you couldn't use VISA or Mastercard's issued in Canada but you could use American Express.

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:11 AM
Lynn

I live in Europe and contacted Priceline to see if I could use the service. The reply I got was that I needed to have a credit card issued in the US. They may have a different policy for Canada. I suggest you contact them by email, I found the address somewhere on the site. They were extremely prompt in their reply to me, unfortunately it was not the answer I wanted!

Dec 4th, 2002, 04:42 AM
kodi

Bruce, for sure go to biddingfortravel.com and read all the information on the section called 'gliches' . It does outlik=ne how to use priceline from Canada. I used a 'dummy' province and postal code and had no problem. Also I did have to get an American Express card. My CIBC Visa would not work. But it wa well worth the research and getting the card.. Good luck.

Dec 7th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Bonnie

I would love to be able to use Priceline with my Canadian card & address. I have used Priceline with a U.S. Card & address and have had wonderful successes. I will try using American Express next time with your suggestions. I always go to biddingfortravel.com first, check out the Hotels list, and bid the info I get there.