Reload this Page >

Places to stay inside Yellowstone Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Linda

I'll be in Yellowstone Park for one week in September and need places to sleep. Suggestions on which lodges or motels? I won't have camping gear. Thanks.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Paula

We stayed at the Lake Hotel in the Annex, which was nice. The hotel itself might even be nicer, but was full, as was Old Faithful Inn, which I'm glad we didn't stay at. I understand Old Faithful Snowlodge is nice too.

Depends on which area you think you'd like the best too. Yellowstone has a great website--you can get to it from Fodors if you go to National Parks.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 04:01 PM
mjh

We stayed at Canyon Lodge and Grant Village last September. Both were nice -- the former was nicer than the latter. We tried for the Lake Hotel but it was totally booked. We had a little bit of snow in early September so bring layered clothes -- we had "light" winter jackets.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Kay

A nice person has posted photos of some of the cabins and rooms at Yellowstone at:

http://24.229.33.157/YellowstoneCabinsIndex.html

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Connie

If you want the nicest/newest that would be Snow Lodge which is located next to Old Faithful Inn.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Polly

Snow Lodge is new and nice, but we found the walls to be paper thin.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:14 PM
??

Were you embarrassed?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:37 AM
steve

I stayed last June at the Old Faithful LODGE cabins. Available with or without toilet/shower. Only a few hundred feet from the Geyser. One morning, there was a buffalo about 50 ft outside the cabin.

Yellowstone is a BIG park. The speed limit is 45 mph and usuaslly there is traffic that makes travel maybe 30-35 mph. If you are staying a week, I would stay at 2 or perhaps 3 different sites.

Check in time at all the national park lodges we stayed was 4:00 PM (not 3:59 !!!!)