Search

Place in Napa for rehearsal dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place in Napa for rehearsal dinner?

Hi,
I am having a destination wedding in the wine country next june. We will be staying in Calistoga. I am trying to think of a casual yet elegant place anywhere in napa that i can have my rehearsal dinner. I want great food (not hard in the wine country) but i dont want it to compete with the meal we are serving on Saturday (we are having a sit down dinner at our reception by Elaine Bell..yum!). I would like something on a patio or if it is inside, a private room (or at least somewhere away from the bulk of the Saturday night dining crowd). I would appreciate any suggestions!
thanks!
Becca
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:19 AM

Hi Becca- We got married in Calistoga (Hans Fahden VInyards) 5 years ago this week. At the time, Wine Spectator magazine had rated "the Foothill Cafe" in Napa as the best restaraunt in Napa. We reserved it for our rehersal dinner sight unseen, based on that, ans wound up with the best meal anyone in our group had ever had. In fact, we drive to Napa from LA once a year for the main purpose of eating at the Foothill Care.

The location is amusing (next to a dry cleaner), the prices are incredible, and the food is beyond compare. I realize you don't want to compete with the wedding meal, but you will miss alot if you don't try the Foothill Cafe. It's worth the drive from Calistoga. Lynne
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:44 AM

Two of the places we ate in Napa had fabulous outdoor patios: Tre Vigne (Italian) and The Greystone Culinary Institute. I think either of these would be perfect for a rehearsal dinner. Intimate, romantic settings ... perfect for gathering friends and family. (Of course, great food as well.)

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:36 PM

The patio at Tra Vigne is great. Depending on the size of your party it would be a good choice. It will not be private unless you have a large rehearsal party.(We had 10 and we were just one table among many). I happen to be a big fan of the Foothill. It is a well loved place with really good food. It is our go to restaurant for family occassions. Again it will not be completely private. The Foothill is a relatively small dining room.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 03:27 PM
Kal

Alohaaa all,
Just 2 days to go.

Wadda bout the Martini House in St Helena?
Their patio is pretty nice or they have a nice "mud room" (it is an old house afterall) right when you walk in up the stairs that could fit a private party.

Hurley's in Yountville also has outdoor dining as does the Rutherford Grill and Napa Valley Grille.

Man! I'm HUNGRY just thinking about those places!!!

Munchie Mahalos,
Kal O'Ree