Zin Restaurant in Healdsburg?

Aug 23rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Zin Restaurant in Healdsburg?

Hello - anyone have any advice (good or bad) on this restaurant? In the restaurant review section of this website, I see it has a 4.8 rating, but that's based on just 1 reviewer.

I will be visiting in Oct. and need restaurant ideas for 2 nights. Hopefully good food but not outrageously expensive ($20-22 entrees?) The other considerations are Mustards and Bistro Jeanty. Would Zin displace either of these? Any other restaurants that I'm overlooking which you'd highly recommend?
Aug 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM

Haven't been to Zin, but a big thumbs up to Bistro Jeanty. We really enjoyed Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen. We had the tasting dinner that came with our room at the Hotel Healdsburg. www.hotelhealdsburg.com

Go to the Alexander Valley Grille at Chateau Souverain if you get a chance, in Geyserville. ***kim***
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:00 PM

I also haven't been to Zin, but have enjoyed excellent meals and service at both Bistro Jeanty and Mustard's Grill.

I also really like Girl & the Fig (Sonoma) and Tra Vigne (St. Helena). You'll find feedback re most of these on tripadvisor.com
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:09 PM
Kal

Martini House in St. Helena....but $20-22 entrees may not be a' plenty.
I think they may still have a prix fixe dinner for about $40. BIG wine list.

We also like Hurley's in Yountville. Less expensive.
Ditto Della Santina's in Sonoma.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:34 PM

Are you staying in Healdsburg because Bistro Jeanty (which I really like) a Mustards are a bit of a drive.

I like Zin, although I think it's not as good a few years back. We stayed in Healdsburg for two nights in July and rally like Charcuterie (a terrific French restaurant just off the square) and The Ravenous. The Ravenous is funky looking when you go inside, but get a patio table. The food was delectable. Both places are moderately priced and well worth it.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:36 PM

And I thought I would have trouble spelling Charcuterie.

"and Mustards"
"really liked"

I haven't even had a cocktail yet.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM

Mustards and Jeanty are quite a ride from Healdsburg FYI-We were just up in
Healdsburg and had a divine time at Willi's-small plates and every one of them delicious!
R5
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:42 PM

We had dinner here two years ago and really enjoyed it. The food and atmosphere were perfect after a day of wine tasting. We are looking forward to a return visit. Enjoy!
Aug 24th, 2004, 03:57 PM

Last time we were in healdsburg we were blown away by Willi's Seafood....like razzledazzle said "small plate" or tapas-style dining. Yum. We also really liked Manzanita...we had a salmon on plank from the wood oven which was divine. Nice atmosphere and great wine list.