Pittsburgh concert hotel

Search

Pittsburgh concert hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsburgh concert hotel

We are going to a concert in Burgettstown,in Aug.Then possibly to Cleveland for a few days.Would it be better to get a hotel say near the Pitt.airport or maybe in the Stubenville Ohio area ?
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM

I was wondering the same thing. We have tickets for Jimmy Buffett at the Post Gazette Pavillion. We currently have reservations at the Embassy Suites near the Pitt. airport. Would there be somthing closer?? Thanks
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 08:34 PM

I would say it is better to get a hotel in the Steubenvile area. That way, you'll have the traffic behind you from the Pittsburgh area and will also be a bit closer to your destination of Cleveland when you arise the next day. As for the Embassy Suites question, that location is as good as any. There really are not many hotels in Burgettstown as it is in the boonies. Embassy Suites Airport is fine. It will be about twenty miles from there.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:49 AM

Ronzo:

I live a few miles from Burgettstown (10 miles tops). It would be a good idea to stay in the Robinson Towne Center area (which is about 3 miles from me). This is a huge shopping mall area. There are more hotels around here than ever before. There is an Amerisuites, some kind of lower budget Marriott, Red Roof Inn and Extended Stay place in and/or around this shopping area. Wheeling and Steubenville are about 50 miles from my hometown so actually it would be closer to stay in PA. If you want to stay in WV though, you may want to stay in Weirton, there is a Holiday Inn right off the highway exit (Old Route 30), next to a KMART and some nice restaurants that have buffets (Eat n' Park & Ponderosa).
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 08:47 AM

to the Jimmy Buffett fans..the Parrothead club is a having a todo for JB...the club is Steel City Fins..you can go to phip.com and click on chapters and click on Pittsburgh parrothead club..they are staying at the Country Inn and Suites and having a party the day b4 and staying 2 days..if you contact the hotel direcly the are having a bus to the Pavilion(no Driving)..the number is 412-788-4000---don't know if buses are full but you can ask..it's about 7 miles from airport...on route 60 and I-279 intersection...Moomn Run exit...Campbells Run RD...there are some hotels at route 60 and the intersection of route22/30..was a Best Western and Comfort Inn I think...it's probably listed as Carnegie,Pa.-----I'll try to ck orbitz or expedia and see...Robinson Town Center is good too...the Pavillion is out in the country...