Piano Bars / Cabarets

Search

Piano Bars / Cabarets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piano Bars / Cabarets

I'm going to be in NY this Sunday, and looking for a place for my wife & I to go - any recommendations on piano bars or cabarets?
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Don't Tell Mama
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 04:50 AM

A friend told me about Marie's Crisis in Greenwich Village. I'm going to NYC tomorrow and will check it out during my stay.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 07:39 AM

We had the absolute best time at the Encore. A great piano player and all sorts of showbiz people stopping in to sing. However, when I pulled up the website it said "closed" on the site. Does anybody know if this is true? This isn't a cabaret, but we had dinner and danced at Swing 46. Great band, fun music, very lively place. Also, NYC is blissfully smokefree and you can party all night and still breathe the next day. Wonderful change.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM

Blossom Dearie is at Dann'y Skylight Room on West 46th Street in the thestre district.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Brandy's piano bar on 84th Street between 2nd & 3rd Avenues is an absolute blast! It's in a great neighborhood, as well, as opposed to many other options in/near the awful Times Square area.

Perhaps have dinner at the well-reviewed Cafe d'Alsace before heading to Brandy's? It's on the corner of 2nd Ave and 88th Street.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Here's a list of piano bars that includes many of the places already mentioned.
http://gonyc.about.com/od/pianobars/

Many of the piano bars like Don't Tell Mama also have cabaret shows in a different area/floor. Here are a list of some cabarets
http://www.jimsdeli.com/nightlife/ne...et/default.htm

If you're interested in seeing Blossom Dearie, here's the info (it's at 6:15 pm)
http://www.dannysgrandseapalace.com/

Really depends on what kind of music/atmosphere you want. None of the piano bars are particularly good for dining. There are some restaurants with good food and live jazz if that interests you. Blue Smoke, Knickerbocker bar & Grill, Blue Water Grill.

If you're just looking for a casual, fun time, Don't Tell Mama and Danny's Starlight room are on the same block, 46th st. b/w 8th & 9th) and restaurants like Joe Allen's, Orso, Lattanzi and a bunch of others are also on that same block for dining. Both places have piano bar and cabaret. I also like Marie's Crisis in the village or the Duplex and Brandy's on the UES is also fun.

If you like jazz piano, legendary Oscar Peterson finishes his stint at Birdland tomorrow night.
http://birdlandjazz.com/
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 03:34 PM

TTT