NYC Nightlife Suggestions

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC Nightlife Suggestions

My best friend and I will be staying at the Ramada Plaza New Yorker for two nights then off to the embassy suites. We are both 23 year old males looking for great spots to party. I am not really into dance clubs, more lounges or casual hang out bars. Where to the woman flock to in NYC? We will be flying in on Wednesday night. What are the best spots near the Ramada Plaza New Yorker to party during our first night in NYC?
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM

you're staying midtown -
you can just walk up 8th and 9th to the places i listed in your other post -
the places in the west 30s are horrible tourist traps, so either go up or down (but down is Chelsea, pretty much a gay social scene) - totally wallkable if not cold.

Have fun!!
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:27 PM

Chelsea is far from just a gay social scene. Most of the hottest clubs in NYC are located there - Marquee, Home, Bungalow 8, Cain, etc.

Check out www.sheckys.com for recommendations. For bars where young things in their early 20s will most likely flock, look in the following neighborhoods (in no particular order): Murray Hill, Lower East Side, Meatpacking District, E. Village, W. Village, Greenwich Village, Soho/Tribeca.

If you have questions about a particular bar, please post and I will try my best to answer. I can probably give a first, second, or blacked out account of most of the fun bars in the city for early 20 somethings. Have fun!
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 03:49 AM

true, true,re: Chelsea, but I was thinking of my young cousin's response when we last went to hang in Chelsea - IF you happen to be there without an agenda or specific place to go (ie Bungalow, etc.) and you're just walking around looking for different bars, it could appear to tourists to be "only" a gay social scene. OP said not into clubs; i took that to mean not into the whole velvet rope -wait in line atmosphere that Bung. 8 and Marquee can get on a given night...
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the help. I can't wait to go. Thanks for the sheckys website..that is very helpful. Can anyone give a list of 10 bars not to miss.