Search

Parkside Villas, Kiawah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parkside Villas, Kiawah

Hi,
Last year we stayed in Inlet Cove, and loved it. This year we are thinking of doing something a bit different, possibly! We are looking at Parkside Villas, with a dock. I know the areas in Kiawah, but are Parkside villa's nice? Would you rather stay in a Parkside Villa with a dock, then in Inlet Cove if given the choice?

Thanks,
Mer
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM

The key to your decision may be the access to a pool at Parkside. While the parkside villas are close to the Resort's Night Heron pool, you can't use it unless you are renting thru the Resort itself. You may end up with no pool access.

Inlet Cove, as you know, has its own pool and access to the river.

As to the units themselves, they vary widely, depending on when they have been renovated. Some owners have done a lot of work, others have not. You really can't speak about the units as a whole but need to look at each one.

You might also consider the 3BR Windswept units on the other side of the lake, which are much, much closer to the beach. The main drawback of the Parkside units is that it is hike to the beach. You have to cross over that wonderful lake. The Windswepts have pretty much the same floor plans but are on the beach side of the lake. Most of them also have dock patios or nice views of the lake. The prices are not that different between the 2 places.

Whatever you do, you will, of course, enjoy Kiawah, which is the perfect family vacation spot.

Happy to provide additional insight.
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM

We have enjoyed staying at Parkside. It is in the thick of things, which depending on when you are going could be a plus or a minus. You are very close to Night Heron Park where there is a basketball court and a soccer field, and where there are many different events in the summer. You are also not far from the East Beach tennis courts and market. I love the location of the Windswept units, but they also tend to be a lot more expensive.
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. The pool is not heated in Inlet Cove, VERY cold, we could not even go in, in October. So pool is no issue. We liked Inlet Cove, it was very woody and quiet. Just thinking about the deck at Parkside, looks nice! Mariners Cove has a lot of outdated units, we checked. We dont mind walking a bit to the beach.
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 01:21 PM

In October, every place should be fairly quiet. The dock will be a lovely place to sit and watch for alligators and birds. I don't think the walk (or bike ride) to the beach is bad at all.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 09:12 AM

Sorry I'm late to this thread! I love both Inlet Cove and Parkside.

In October, my first choice would be a three bedroom Parkside unit with a private dock/deck on Night Heron Pond. The sunrise over Night Heron Pond is magnificent. The south-facing docks are warm enough for sunning even on a cool day, and are great for safe up-close viewing of the water birds, leaping fish, alligators(!), etc. Parksides proximity to The Sanctuary and to Night Heron Park puts it right in the heart of favorite resort activities.